Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: West Mercia Police not even remotely right?

"Police responded to reports of a man seen holding a weapon in the bedroom"

​I had to laugh when I read this

Of course I would comment but censorship here means that I am not ALLOWED TOO!

They do love to go in mob handed and what fun it must have been for them - much better than sitting around in the police station drinking tea. I don't think much of their risk assessment do you? but then it is Hereford and stuff has been brought back recently as we know...

Typical but I wonder who will pay?
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

Wonder who proof read the printed story ?, She felt alleviated !
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I do feel for the officers - the lot of a Uk armed response officer is not a happy one - darned if you do, darned if you dont hardly covers it.

BUT - going purely from details as reported - we dont know if there is any background to this - the approach taken lacked the most critical element of tactical operations - a dollop of common sense! There are ways that this situation could have been explored short of a full on forced entry. But again, background not known - but without some fundamental indication of an immediate threat then purplexing response.

However, to harp on about my theme of the month - Hopolophobia - it becomes a little less surprising when a society is led by the nose down the road of demonising an inanimate object ( or for that matter a group of people be they jews, muslims, black, white, catholic, mormon, shooters etc etc ). When the word 'handgun' is being forced to acquire the same connotation and self awareness of 'Witch' in 18th Century Salem. I know I'm being very boring about this - but all roads do lead back to this.

Back to the poor s#d with a Glock who is the first through the door of that bedroom. Assuming a lot as no background details, so for this example I'm going to claim his only background info is that the man had a big handgun and the woman was terrified. He enters the room and the man has the remote/ black long object in his hand and happens through pure shock reflex to turn toward the officer with it. You have 0.2 of a second to react. Recipe for farce to become a tragedy for ALL concerned?

For all of those happy and content with our current lot on the front of firearms perception and legislation, you are ( respectfully ) living a dream my friends
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Then we have the situation of a white stick turning into a banzai blade! Good job they don't have to identify different deer inni't!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Very well put, I agree that no initiative went into this raid just a bit too gunghoo if you know what I mean but now it's the taxpayer who will pay even if it's in just manpower to investigate or legal fees without any compensation given to the victims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    I do feel for the officers - the lot of a Uk armed response officer is not a happy one - darned if you do, darned if you dont hardly covers it.

BUT - going purely from details as reported - we dont know if there is any background to this - the approach taken lacked the most critical element of tactical operations - a dollop of common sense! There are ways that this situation could have been explored short of a full on forced entry. But again, background not known - but without some fundamental indication of an immediate threat then purplexing response.

However, to harp on about my theme of the month - Hopolophobia - it becomes a little less surprising when a society is led by the nose down the road of demonising an inanimate object ( or for that matter a group of people be they jews, muslims, black, white, catholic, mormon, shooters etc etc ). When the word 'handgun' is being forced to acquire the same connotation and self awareness of 'Witch' in 18th Century Salem. I know I'm being very boring about this - but all roads do lead back to this.

Back to the poor s#d with a Glock who is the first through the door of that bedroom. Assuming a lot as no background details, so for this example I'm going to claim his only background info is that the man had a big handgun and the woman was terrified. He enters the room and the man has the remote/ black long object in his hand and happens through pure shock reflex to turn toward the officer with it. You have 0.2 of a second to react. Recipe for farce to become a tragedy for ALL concerned?

For all of those happy and content with our current lot on the front of firearms perception and legislation, you are ( respectfully ) living a dream my friends
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

I recall reading somewhere that a man was shot by Police who mistook a sex toy for a gun
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox