Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Location of a gun cabinet

Location of a gun cabinet

Does anyone know if it is ok to site a gun cabinet in an attached garage, would this be acceptable to the police

Regards

TH
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Highly unlikely unless its very secure and alarmed. Point is what else is the garage eg tools to enable cabinet to be compromised etc.

Would be a no in A@S

D

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunting View Post
    Does anyone know if it is ok to site a gun cabinet in an attached garage, would this be acceptable to the police

Regards

TH
    My cabinets are in an attached garage & no problems with FLO - but I had to put an extra (lockable) shoot bolt on the up-and-over door.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Highly unlikely unless its very secure and alarmed. Point is what else is the garage eg tools to enable cabinet to be compromised etc.

Would be a no in A@S

D
    Yes I did this once. I suppose it will depend on all other circumstances though.
    Mine at the time was an integral garage so the only external way in was through an up and over door.
    The house was alarmed (the garage wasn't) and if I remember correctly the Police asked me to have a couple of internal locks fitted to the external garage door.
    The point they made which I found interesting was not to fit the locks on the outside of the door as it encouraged burglars to test them.
    So from the outside the Garage Door looked fairly innocuous, but from the inside it was very secure.
    I suspect it's another of those county by county situations
    I would have a word with your FAO over tea and biscuits and ask the question.

This is dealt with in the H.O. guidance blurb in the relevant section.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Mine is in my attached garage, which has access through the house, but it's hidden inside an old kitchen unit, so not obvious to an observer, and the kitchen door unit has an anti-tamper alarm 24/7. Passed no issues

My friends as is in a non-attached garage, FAO was fine with it, garage is like fort-knox tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Trufflehunting View Post

Regards

TH
    I appreciate your concerns but what you really need to be asking yourself is when the criminal community visit will it resist attack.

atb Tim

The person to ask is your FLO.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

Quote Originally Posted by Munty1 View Post
    The person to ask is your FLO.
    +1. Simple.