Thread: Apel mounts for CZ550.......

Apel mounts for CZ550.......

Does anyone have or know of someone who has a set of Apel pivot mounts for a cz550.....preferably with 30mm rings, but to be honest, at this moment in time I can be flexible on that one.....
    Just had a quote for a set new and had to gulp somewhat!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

hi mate what size dove tail are these????

No idea, but the part number I need is 503-05047 if that helps.

they're always going to be expensive.

tell you what I don't like about them (not that you asked),,is that when you remove the scope, the bases remain and mean you cannot properly use the iron sights without somewhat impeded vision down the top of the action and barrel.

I know they don't look quite as good, but warne's work really well for that purpose, as do the talley CZ550's and the conetrol.

plus of course, you need to get the front drilled and tapped for the apels.

for best price though, if you have a friend in the US, call NECG and have them ship to your friend, then send over as a 'gift'.

best of luck

is ther noithing else that would do the job at half the price ???? warne quick release??????
    Last edited by jonny.c; 07-08-2013 at 14:21.

Quote Originally Posted by pietasvenatores View Post
    they're always going to be expensive.

tell you what I don't like about them (not that you asked),,is that when you remove the scope, the bases remain and mean you cannot properly use the iron sights without somewhat impeded vision down the top of the action and barrel.

I know they don't look quite as good, but warne's work really well for that purpose, as do the talley CZ550's and the conetrol.

plus of course, you need to get the front drilled and tapped for the apels.

for best price though, if you have a friend in the US, call NECG and have them ship to your friend, then send over as a 'gift'.

best of luck
    You may well be right, and having discovered the costs of them new I'm starting to think you are! I have talley mounts currently but not in QD, perhaps the thing to do is order some via some friends in the states as you suggest and make a decent saving....... You are also right about the bases of the apels not allowing use of open sights too......hmmm,, ok maybe a re-think....

you can also buy the talleys in pre-colour case hardened..very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    You may well be right, and having discovered the costs of them new I'm starting to think you are! I have talley mounts currently but not in QD, perhaps the thing to do is order some via some friends in the states as you suggest and make a decent saving....... You are also right about the bases of the apels not allowing use of open sights too......hmmm,, ok maybe a re-think....

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    you can also buy the talleys in pre-colour case hardened..very nice!
    Oooh, sounds nice! would you suggest ordering them directly from the states, if so, who would you recommend? I bought my current set of Talley's from Callum Fergusson, very helpful and good to deal with, but he didn't have in QD at the time, and I know the price goes up sharply if you order them from anyone in the UK, the QD ones are only 75 in the states.