Thread: Help wanted - FAC application

Help wanted - FAC application

Hello,

Just applying for my FAC, and i am a bit stumped on who i can use for a reference. I have never had a solid doctor or dentist, they have always varied so i dont think they will do it because it they have not known me for 2 years. I am planning to use an old school teacher but they are on the 6 weeks holiday at the moment, so i will have to wait. Any suggestions on who to use for the other one?

Any help would be appreciated.

​Thanks

You can ask anyone who has known you well for at least a couple of years, if more that's even better, my last one I asked a neighbour directly opposite, A work colleague / manager ( just be sure they are not raving anti's). I never use the same two, builds you up a bit of a background for licensing dept
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

No serving police or publicans!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Any friends you have known for more than two years who are experienced shooters? Failing that any friends who are of good character who aren't anti and would put in a good word for you.

Thanks for the replies. I do not really have any shooting buddies and have only been in work for a year. So i think i will go with a close family friend or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by Oz .17 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I do not really have any shooting buddies and have only been in work for a year. So i think i will go with a close family friend or something like that
    Good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by murrayb View Post
    Why not a publican?
    I was informed that would be a bad choice (thirty odd years ago), reasons were varied, & included the assumption that pubs were dens of iniquity!

Vet is a reasonable one to use.