Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RSPCA - A law unto themselves

RSPCA - A law unto themselves

From BBC Radio 4. Worth a listen

Is the RSPCA jeopardising its animal welfare role by prosecuting too many
    vulnerable people? Is the charity harassing experts who speak up against it?
    John Waite investigates

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...w_unto_itself/
    Last edited by bobthedug; 07-08-2013 at 18:00. Reason: correct link

What an "over-sensitive" time we live in

Quote Originally Posted by Labrat View Post
    Face it, they've become a laughing stock:

BBC News - Marmite TV advert draws widespread complaints

​That did make me chuckle.

About time they were put in their place & lost their royal warrant
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

PDSA. Get anything I would have let the RSPCA have this last few years.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

society for the protection of animals

when they spend a relative fortune on largely unnecessary private prosecutions, you have to consider that their directors should be exposed more fully in the media for the neglect and distress cause to animals by the deliberate and politically motivated misdirection of funds that has so sharply moved away from caring for animals in need.

Lets be honest, a dead animal needs no help but what about the countries large amounts of cast out domestics and injured wildlife that is just put down because it's the cheapest option. That's not just tragic that's politically driven corporate evil because it's not about the animals anymore, just the power.

When I was a kid I remember our school raised money for the RSPCA and I remember how we felt good about this because they were the organisation that helped sick animals back to health and cared for old and unwanted pets trying to get them re-homed. It seems my optimism in the good intent of this organisation was gravely misplaced.

When I was a kid I remember our school raised money for the RSPCA and I remember how we felt good about this because they were the organisation that helped sick animals back to health and cared for old and unwanted pets trying to get them re-homed. It seems my optimism in the good intent of this organisation was gravely misplaced.

It may have been true then it just depends how old you are Paul, because its not been true for the last 20 or so years.
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

IMO, just doing what they do best, spending all of the lovely lolly that the naive and uninformed keep shoveling at them?

Used of course in the most divisive ways to further their own agenda?

It would be interesting to know what percentage of their membership lived in towns and cities and had no real contact with anything animal related other than perhaps the odd house pet.