RSPCA - A law unto themselves

society for the protection of animals

when they spend a relative fortune on largely unnecessary private prosecutions, you have to consider that their directors should be exposed more fully in the media for the neglect and distress cause to animals by the deliberate and politically motivated misdirection of funds that has so sharply moved away from caring for animals in need.

Lets be honest, a dead animal needs no help but what about the countries large amounts of cast out domestics and injured wildlife that is just put down because it's the cheapest option. That's not just tragic that's politically driven corporate evil because it's not about the animals anymore, just the power.

When I was a kid I remember our school raised money for the RSPCA and I remember how we felt good about this because they were the organisation that helped sick animals back to health and cared for old and unwanted pets trying to get them re-homed. It seems my optimism in the good intent of this organisation was gravely misplaced.

When I was a kid I remember our school raised money for the RSPCA and I remember how we felt good about this because they were the organisation that helped sick animals back to health and cared for old and unwanted pets trying to get them re-homed. It seems my optimism in the good intent of this organisation was gravely misplaced.

It may have been true then it just depends how old you are Paul, because its not been true for the last 20 or so years.

IMO, just doing what they do best, spending all of the lovely lolly that the naive and uninformed keep shoveling at them?

Used of course in the most divisive ways to further their own agenda?

It would be interesting to know what percentage of their membership lived in towns and cities and had no real contact with anything animal related other than perhaps the odd house pet.

I watched a TV programme "Animal 999" where an RSPCA officer called out two full fire engine crews to rescue a jackdaw that had got caught by the leg on a length of "fishing wire" and was hanging from a tree over a stream... Two fire engines, 10 superheroes and two hours of total stupidity later the bird was taken to an animal hospital for some TLC.
And not so long ago fire and police refused to rescue a drowning chap in a three foot deep park pond!

Back