Bos en Dal Safaris.

goathunter1

Just back from a great week's hunting with this company, who are trade members on here. Kudu, Impala, Nyala, Duiker, Bushbuck, Reedbuck and a very big Blue Wildebeest bull made up the tally. I'll get photos up ASAP but if anyone wants to pm me for a recommendation I am happy to give you more info.
Gerrit and his team do a very good job. May I say that I am not in any way involved with this company and just write this to help others thinking of booking a trip.
Probably my best trip so far out there and this will be my sixth.

I have been talking to gerrit for the last few months. Really thinking about going out for a bit of fun. Would love a big kudu.
He is a really nice guy. Answers all my questions and more.
Just need to keep saving. And I'll be out in a flash.
​Alan

I have been talking to gerrit for the last few months. Really thinking about going out for a bit of fun. Would love a big kudu.
He is a really nice guy. Answers all my questions and more.
Just need to keep saving. And I'll be out in a flash.
​Alan
2nd that.

Deerstalker.308. Are you looking to go out. What are you wanting to hunt. I would be keen to go with someone and share the experience.

IMG_3078.jpgWell guys, I am no expert at this having never inserted a photo before, but here's me with a good enough Kudu. Its not the best, but I am very happy with it. Tall horns but not deep spirals. Why should I be picky???

IMG_3082.jpgNext was this Impala. This was a long shot off the sticks for an old man with the 50 year old 30.06. It did the job though. Happy, happy, happy.

IMG_3108.jpgThis Duiker appeared when we were hunting Bushbuck. A good trophy. Gerrit, the PH at Bos en Dal said, that, as I already had a Steinbuck from Namibia, I should start going for "The Tiny Ten".

IMG_3113.jpgI know this is unbelievable, but, as we were working on the Duiker, this chap appeared for a look to see who was in his territory. A damn good Bushbuck.

IMG_3128.jpgThis is a BIG Blue Wildebeest bull. Shot just at dark. This is a good photo from Gerrit taken with his fancy camera in the dark.

IMG_3133.jpgOut looking for a Warthog on the last morning. This bloody good Reedbuck was having a look at us. Far too good a chance to miss. The old male Warthog that we were actually after scooted off and is there for another day.

Hope I've not bored you guys. This was a good trip and thanks to Gerrit and his team at Bos en Dal for making it memorable.

Sounds like the trip of a lifetime! the Kudu and the Blue Wildebeest especially look to me like fantastic animals. I'd love to get to Africa one day........what an experience

Very jealous! Looks like a cracking trip, going to take a while to save up for me......planning a couple of years time......can't wait now I've seen your pics! Good work Gerrit.

Speaking as someone who has hunted many species in Africa, you have some quality trophy heads there. Well done to the PH and yourself. Hope you are having some shoulder mounts of them done.

Sikamalc, only two, the Bushbuck and the Reedbuck. I'm getting the Zebra and Nyala skins tanned. I've always worked on the principle that I would rather spend the money on going back than a fortune on taxidermy. I'll wait till I get an even better Nyala for a shoulder mount, although that one is a good one. When the big Impala comes, I'll get him done as well.
Again, all credit to Gerrit and the team at Bos en Dal. They worked bloody hard.

Back