Arrival of Young Master Pine Marten!

Pine Marten

Hello everyone!

I don't have much time to participate in the SD just now, but I thought I'd let you know that Young Master Pine Marten arrived, a bit earlier than planned, on Sunday night. He's fine, just not very big, and needs to stay in hospital with Mrs Pine Marten until he learns to eat on his own. Other than that, he's just a perfectly formed miniature mustelid, and we are unbelievably delighted to have him!

Pretty busy now, but I'm glad I had the foresight to book some stalking with Malc for February, when hopefully Pine Marten Junior will have started dabbling in proper food, which assumes he will also have worked out how to eat, but it looks promising, just a matter of time.

Now I need to sleep...

Sleep...........good luck with that one.
Sleep deprivation is the no.1 torture method.
Well done...........to your Mrs.

Congratulations and best for the wee one.

Not much a male Pine Marten can do now for a while so when recovered get out stalking or over to Bisley while you still can!

Cheers

K

Many congrats from the Family Farticus. Hopefully see you at BSRC sometime in the next 12 months where you can catch up on some sleep on the firing line!

All the best
iain

Congratulations! If you feed him an omnivorous diet of rodents, insects, squirrels, seasonal fruits, carrion, and birds and their eggs, I'm sure he will soon pack on a bit of beef and grow up to be a big strong Pine Marten like Dad.

My wife is expecting our first child next month. Interesting times ahead.

All the very best.

Scott

Thanks very much everyone! I don't know about feeding him songbird eggs and carrion yet as I don't if they would fit down the tube, but perhaps I'll try when he's mastered eating under his own steam. Right, I'm off to hospital again. Please enjoy the outdoors and sunshine on my behalf!

Congratulations on the latest addition, hope he and mum are doing ok :thumb:
You had best make the most of the enforced hospital stay as it's the last bit of peace and quiet you will get for a while :lol:

Neil. :)

All the very best PM, enjoy, they are not babies for long, that first .410 is closer than you think.

Back