Thread: NV Demo from Paddy

NV Demo from Paddy

Just a heart felt thanks to Paddy who came over last night to give me a working demo of his foxing set up and NV gear. I was mighty impressed with the hand held and scope mounted NV and the Thermal imager was something to be seen. Paddy did explain the varrious types but have not commited designations to heart as yet.

We set up the remote fox call on the front field and it was impressive but alas no responce, however a later walk around with NV resulted ina large dog fox being swiftly terminated at about 40yds all but oblivious of both of us. Can now see the need for full cammo, and complete silence, remarkable to watch a big adult fox being taken at such close quarters and all happened within 10 secs of it being spotted.

One less potential chciken killer to worry about.

Many thanks

D

I thank you for your kind words - I enjoyed my visit last night, and hope we get to do something similar again soon!

Quote Originally Posted by re'M'ington View Post
    What set up was it?
    I was using my Kimber Montana in .204 with a PVS-14 NV add-on. Next to that I was also using another PVS-14 as a spotter (but with a x3 lens and laser illuminator) as well as a mini-thermal (Stealth S2 Integrated).