Thread: Drove an M-16 today for the first time !

Drove an M-16 today for the first time !

We have a M-16 that was assemebled from old parts for another Class III dealer for them to use as a display gun . So yesterday we took it out for a test drive before we went bear hunting . And I gotta admit it was the first time I ever fired one !

takes me back to my first tour in 'Nam....

​looks fun

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    takes me back to my first tour in 'Nam....

​looks fun
    I have decided if I ever win the lottery I'm getting myself one of these !

Always used to love doing swapsies with the American troops to have a cabby on their m16s while they played with our rifles, always was gutted that we adopted the "overweight, un ergonomic, only any good cos it had a scope on it" SA80 when there was a great alternative replacement available off the shelf.

incredible to think how old the design is and has only been incrementally improved.

If you liked that see if you can find a Sig 550 (FAS 90 in Swiss Army definition). Just awesome...

That FAS 90 is something. The only thing that gets close is the South African improvement of the Galil.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by scrumbag View Post
    If you liked that see if you can find a Sig 550 (FAS 90 in Swiss Army definition). Just awesome...
    I like that 16 because I remmember seeing them on TV as a kid watching the news reels from Vietnam !

We sold a H&K MP-5 that was NIB to another dealer last week for $26,000 and that thing didn't intrest me a bit .
    The person we sold the MP-5 for has a couple AK's he wants to let go . If one of them is used I have all intentions of taking that for a test ride as well !