Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: moderator cover

moderator cover

I have a sonic moderator for the 6.5 and I want a neoprene cover for it.
    All I see online have 2" diameter but just measured mine and its only 1 3/4" (no silly jokes please!)
    Anyone else had this problem? Are they stretch fit so will fit so made to fit smaller mods anyway? Or are there smaller sizes out there if I keep looking?

The neoprene thing I use as a cover on my Northstars is part of something designed as a cover for the barrels of a double 12-bore.

I went to a place called johns army surplus and bought so camo self adhesive tape you can take it of and on with no problams and ofcourse reuse it will fit on anything you can think of as you cut to size once you have wrapped the item you want

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    please remember to remove it from time to time as water/moisture gets underneath it and can lead to surface deterioration on the mod/(rust in other word)

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Bycycle inner tube !
    TonyC

Hi i got one made foe my mossberg 410 mod from woodfield gun care, he s name is will.
    http://www.woodfield-gcp.co.uk/

​mick.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
    Bycycle inner tube !
    +1 But as Bobjs says it needs to come off when ever you are not useing the mod. I personly think the covers are a waste of cash, and to much faff.
    But each to their own.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    please remember to remove it from time to time as water/moisture gets underneath it and can lead to surface deterioration on the mod/(rust in other word)

bob.
    Well said Bob. I used a neoprene double barrel cover cut it to size and stitched it by hand for a tight fit. It works well and stops the bing! noise that may occur if the suppressor is hit of trees etc.

Regards,
    Glendine.

Quote Originally Posted by Glendine View Post
    Well said Bob. I used a neoprene double barrel cover cut it to size and stitched it by hand for a tight fit. It works well and stops the bing! noise that may occur if the suppressor is hit of trees etc.

Regards,
    Glendine.
    http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...sika-hind.html Please see attached link for photo of Cover sorry its not great but it will give an idea.

Regards,
    Glendine.
    Last edited by Glendine; 09-08-2013 at 10:49. Reason: Added link

Op/tech USA do (or did) a "Silencer Sleeve" basically an 8" long neoprene silencer sleeve with a 1.5" velcro fastening strip which runs the length of the moderator and which makes the cover removable for maintenance.
    It can be cut to length to fit and will suit various Dia. mods on the market too.

The only pic I can find is from ebay but they don't appear to be any in stock?

Optech Moderator Cover / Silencer Sleeve - 8 long - final stocks. | eBay