Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elephant for Dinner

I grew up in very rural Malawi, and my father worked for the National Parks dept. one of my very earliest memories is of exactly this. Standing in line for hours in the dust, flies and heat, waiting my turn to get a bucket filled with meat, and walking home balancing a slab of bleeding meat on my head with one hand and lugging the bucket with the other. I think my dad had actually shot the elephant in question as a problem animal in someone's maize field. It's quite tasty stuff.

Interesting...

Wonder what happened to the tusks ?
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

The comments underneath make interesting reading. Especially the OP and then the guy telling him to go kill himself.

​Matt.

i bet skinning was a hell of a job , a sharp knife wouldnt last 5 mins on that !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Been there, just got my 1998 film onto DVD of the same situation, one whole Elephant gone in just under 2 hours.

You would not believe how hungry people are in some parts of the world.
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by sikamalc View Post
    Been there, just got my 1998 film onto DVD of the same situation, one whole Elephant gone in just under 2 hours.

You would not believe how hungry people are in some parts of the world.
    ​Any chance you could upload the DVD to youtube Malc? Would love to see that!

Good on em, nice to see nothing wasted, just as it should be.

You'd not want to slip with the knife when gralloching jumbo, I imagine (or rather, I'd prefer not to!). In fact, even if it all went well it would undoubtedly be quite an experience!

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    i bet skinning was a hell of a job , a sharp knife wouldnt last 5 mins on that !
    My recollection is that it's not as bad as you'd think. Once you make the initial incision (done with pangas and saws), the skin peels away quite easily.