Let us hope they were not legally held, or another which hunt may follow

Something like this happens and is usually followed by an outcry demanding a ban on the private ownership of guns....
Funny that the no-one ever demands a ban on the private ownership of motor cars, which are undoubtedly responsible for far more deaths and injuries in this country. And if you really flipped and wanted to bump off a lot of folk in one mad spree, I reckon a powerful vehicle in a pedestrian area would have far more impact than a shotgun or rifle...

As proved by white van man in Cardiff last year!
Something like this happens and is usually followed by an outcry demanding a ban on the private ownership of guns....
Funny that the no-one ever demands a ban on the private ownership of motor cars, which are undoubtedly responsible for far more deaths and injuries in this country. And if you really flipped and wanted to bump off a lot of folk in one mad spree, I reckon a powerful vehicle in a pedestrian area would have far more impact than a shotgun or rifle...

A very sad event. The implication is of a premeditated murder/suicide. You don't need a gun for that, but, as ever, the first thing to look at, assuming the gun was licensed, was whether guidelines were followed, especially in view of the fact that the police were reportedly already aware of tensions in the relationship. If anything, this is a reminder that the recent agreement on protocols on firearms licensing and domestic abuse are timely.

And before anyone's blue light starts flashing, I'm not rushing to criticise the police, who I think are generally under-resourced when it comes to firearms licensing (and over-resourced when it comes to armed response), but see no point in anyone calling for legislative change if the existing legislation and guidance are not being enforced or implemented.

A very sad event. The implication is of a premeditated murder/suicide. You don't need a gun for that, but, as ever, the first thing to look at, assuming the gun was licensed.

But see no point in anyone calling for legislative change if the existing legislation and guidance are not being enforced or implemented.

That maybe the case but this, and all other incidents the same is exactly what the Police, the t*ats in Parliament, the parasite media and the Antis look for to do just that! It's ammunition for all of them to question/call for tighter controls or out right banning of private firearms ownership.

Back