Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 6.5x47 Lap

6.5x47 Lap

Hi does anyone have any practical experience of this cartridge for stalking? I know it is a very accurate round but it doesnt seem to be widely used in stalking.
    What sort of bullet weight are you using and how do they perform on the various species?

cheers.

Whoops double post

I have to disagree with you about propensity of use.

I know perhaps 8 stalkers near to me that use this calibre on roe, fallow and red deer.

Most if not all use, 129SST, some use Berger 130's and one guy uses 120g Sierra Prohunters.

I have a 6.5x47 myself although it is a target rifle, I do not use it on deer - ive other cannons for that...

Ive also built a few rifles in this calibre for mixed fox/deer control but cannot say what bullets these guys use that have the rifles.

Its very popular in Cumbria, NW / NE.

thanks for that Redmist

Hi i use a 6.5 x 47 with 120 grain nosler bt and find it a superb round, i obviously home load this round with reloader 15 powder and federal gold match primers and have been really happy with this round for deer.

Hi ive just had a 6.5x47 built havent used it much but seems very accurate .2 with 95 grain v max .3 with 120 grainers.i use RL15, cci br4 primers. it has a 1-9 twist shilen barrel on it. hope this helps
    cheers sean

Hi ive just had a 6.5x47 built havent used it much but seems very accurate .2 with 95 grain v max .3 with 120 grainers.i use RL15, cci br4 primers. it has a 1-9 twist shilen barrel on it. hope this helps
    cheers sean

best calibre

I use 6.5x47 on all species, its a fantastic round, pay once cry once!!!!
    go and get one built!!!
    it will shoot 95 v maxes/ 120g mk around 3000fps
    less than 3" drop at 200yds
    bloody awesome

I was talking to a buddy about this round only yesterday. He is very big into ballistics and long range shooting as well as stalking and he reckons this round is the dogs b*ll*cks.

Super flat, highly accurate, almost no recoil with a mod, and a 120grn round more or less copes with everything except boar in this country.

He's completely sold on it. The only issue at the moment is lack of choice and general availability of ammo.

Here's an example of his credentials for making this statement. It's not taken with this particular round but shows that he knows what he's talking about.

That is seriously good shooting.

Took about 2 seconds for the bullet to get to the target.