Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheap 4x4

Cheap 4x4

Looking for a cheap 4x4 under 1000 but 700 mark would be better preferably in the Lancashire area but will to travel for the right one.

Diesel would be nice with tax and mot possibility thinking of a Ford Maverick etc.

Thanks, Adam.

I bet you want 4 brand new tyres aswell

Quote Originally Posted by THE STALKER View Post
    I bet you want 4 brand new tyres aswell
    If you don't ask you don't get ! But thanks for that constructive comment.

I'm trolling auto trader as we speak but though I could save somebody the time of putting in on and pay for an advert.

If you change to your mind from a 4x4 to a cheap cracking run around Citroen let me no.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam NW View Post
    I'm trolling auto trader as we speak but though I could save somebody the time of putting in on and pay for an advert.
    For 700 you are only going to buy trouble , youd be lucky to get a years driving without a major bill for something like head gasket/clutch/tyres /welding repairs etc , better to add another 1k and you may get something with a few years life left in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johno100 View Post
    For 700 you are only going to buy trouble , youd be lucky to get a years driving without a major bill for something like head gasket/clutch/tyres /welding repairs etc , better to add another 1k and you may get something with a few years life left in it.
    Is that personal experience or general consensus ? I only ask as this is going to be a second vehicle just used at weekends for shooting activities.

Selling my Sportrack. Not diesel I,m afraid, but a great little shooting truck. Four mud tyres almost new. eleven months MOT. Will not win any prizes for looks, but its not in a beauty contest. K reg and about 115000 on the clock. Looking for 600 so within budget.
    Only selling as I purchased an Astra Van, but really miss the old girl.
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam NW View Post
    Is that personal experience or general consensus ? I only ask as this is going to be a second vehicle just used at weekends for shooting activities.
    Its from experience as a dealer.