Old fashioned courtesy

finnbear270

I just bought an item from Arnold Heals in Newport Isle of Wight through his ebay outlet, his carriers must have lost or mislaid the package, so it was straight on the phone to a very pleasant guy named Jai, & I have just received a replacement consignment no questions asked! :)

It's not often anymore you get real gestures of courtesy!

Last one for me was when l borrowed a stalking friends pick-up (newish Mitzy) - had to move a dog kennel and when l got in it it was disgusting - i'm not kidding it there was an inch of dust/dried mud on the floor-throughout and the dash was covered in coffee stains and tea spills!

I spent twenty minutes on my drive hovering it/wiping it out 'roughly' and used it, then handed it back without saying anything-to be honest l just made it bearable for me to drive!

An hour later l got a call from him genuinely honestly thanking me for the clean-out - i was chuff'd!

Tom

Tommo
you sure it was'nt stones old RangeRover
you had to open the door and dig your way in :lol: :lol: :lol:

Being courteous and giving a smile is something that anyone can do as it doesn't cost anything and helps to make life easier. Give it a try, it gives pleasure to the giver and the receiver but only if you mean it.

You never know someone might just put some shooting your way!

Bob

i cut a old lady's grass and it takes me over 3 hours every 2 weeks and for that her son lets me stalk on 1800acres of land

mick b said:
i cut a old lady's grass and it takes me over 3 hours every 2 weeks and for that her son lets me stalk on 1800acres of land

You lucky git -

If i had a acre to stalk on for every acre i've cut grass for people (thanks to my dad keeping me busy as a kid) i would be stalking half of Scotland

Every bloody summer holiday l was all round the village cutting the 'oldies' grass :evil:

Then there was the veg patch digging - couldn't thank him enough for that (dug quarter of an acre for a farmer near Brackley ((((Cycled there too-on the promise of good cash))))) to be given a £5 and had to cycle home - 8 miles!!!!!!!!!!!!!

T

Back