Thread: Exposure for Kite

Exposure for Kite

As there is a bit of a dearth of deer around my area I am having problems getting my pup seeing enough of them. Could anyone help in any way or suggest any places of decent deer density where I may take her to give her more exposure.
    John.

National Trust, Fountains Abbey at Ripon in sunny north yorkshire has a deer park, where you are able to walk dogs on a lead
    Im not suggesting you go there its to far, but the could be something similar near you.
    I was watching a guy with a viszla in the deer park some time ago, i had a little chat with him and he was off this forum and he was indeed doing some sort of training with is dog.

Regards

Ian
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Try Attingham Park SY4 4TP National Trust They have Fallow

Old parks don't know if they still exist
    otley
    boreaton
    hawkstone
    chetwynd
    apley
    acton burnell
    longnor
    attingham
    loton
    may be worth a google see if they exist still !
    ​Norma

Acton Burnell - only seen one in 25 years!
    Longnor - private estate with a deer herd

HARRY TUFFINS in Churchstoke has a few reds in a small enclosure John No seriously, an option for you would be to contact Peter Shaw at Powys Castle which is only down the road from you. Cheers Gaz

Quote Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
    HARRY TUFFINS in Churchstoke has a few reds in a small enclosure John No seriously, an option for you would be to contact Peter Shaw at Powys Castle which is only down the road from you. Cheers Gaz
    Good idea Gaz, that is the Powys part and Will Oakley knows Peter. I will see if he has his number and give him a ring. The deer parks idea seems to be the way to go, I also have a friend who is head honcho ecologist/manager of the Nat Trust on the Long Mynnd so he may also be able to have a word with the deer manager at Attingham.
    If all else fails I can pop to Tuffs and sit her on top of the goat shed so she can have a good look while I pop in for an all day beakfast at the bargain price of 2.99. Yummy they have to be tried!
    Thanks for the replies folks I will let you know how I get on.
    When do you fancy another get together Gaz? + are you going to Western Park. I will be on the Stalkers UK stand with the Richard.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by vizslamad View Post
    Good idea Gaz, that is the Powys part and Will Oakley knows Peter. I will see if he has his number and give him a ring. The deer parks idea seems to be the way to go, I also have a friend who is head honcho ecologist/manager of the Nat Trust on the Long Mynnd so he may also be able to have a word with the deer manager at Attingham.
    If all else fails I can pop to Tuffs and sit her on top of the goat shed so she can have a good look while I pop in for an all day beakfast at the bargain price of 2.99. Yummy they have to be tried!
    Thanks for the replies folks I will let you know how I get on.
    When do you fancy another get together Gaz? + are you going to Western Park. I will be on the Stalkers UK stand with the Richard.
    John.
    Hey John you'll be better off sitting on the goat shed and let Kite go in for one of those 2.99 breakfasts . The last one I had was absolutely CRAP. Have a get together anytime, the last one was well attended and great craic. Maybe on standby Western weekend but if i'm down will call in for a natter. Gaz

it might be a bit far for you but tatton park at knutsford have large herds of red and fallow
    when you stop learning you stop being challenged