Thread: Owning firearms?

Owning firearms?

I am probably going to apply for an FAC and a SGC soon so that i can shoot on a local farm ( which I have permission to shoot on ). I have just turned 16 so i know I wont be able to shoot un supervised for a while. Also my friend has started a job on an estate in sutherland as part of his college course with North Highland College and has not yet got his certificates through. He applied a couple of months ago but says not having them has limited what he can do for the time being. I hope to go to North Highland College next year and thought it might be a good idea to have the certificates before i hopefully start. Presuming I get the certificates where would I stand on owning a firearm. No one else in my house holds a certificate but the owner of the farm says he has rifles and shotguns I will be able to use.
    Advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Euan

Quote Originally Posted by Euan Tomes View Post
    I am probably going to apply for an FAC and a SGC soon so that i can shoot on a local farm ( which I have permission to shoot on ). I have just turned 16 so i know I wont be able to shoot un supervised for a while. Also my friend has started a job on an estate in sutherland as part of his college course with North Highland College and has not yet got his certificates through. He applied a couple of months ago but says not having them has limited what he can do for the time being. I hope to go to North Highland College next year and thought it might be a good idea to have the certificates before i hopefully start. Presuming I get the certificates where would I stand on owning a firearm. No one else in my house holds a certificate but the owner of the farm says he has rifles and shotguns I will be able to use.
    Advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

Euan
    Send a pm to David a basc he should be able to advise you