Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BASC opposes Durham police demands for mandatory medical references.

BASC opposes Durham police demands for mandatory medical references.

you would think after all the c**k ups they have made, Durham would keep a low profile?

There's a time and a place for 'harder line' comments - spot on!

That BASC is perceived as having been 'too polite' previously now adds weight to those quite scathing comments. I remain convinced that constructive, reasoned and sensible progress is the way to go - but the occasional well judged reminder that 'we' are keeping track of the cock-ups and will punch back is to be applauded.

The ball is in play - it just now needs spectators; lets hope this press release is promoted with equal gusto. Its of little value whilst it remains only within the shooting media.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Good on you BASC, so you really have got some balls. just need to keep them rolling with the rest of the country.

With genuine respect, can we not re embark on a session of self destruction?

The release by BASC was positive on several fronts - the bit of iron in it was well judged and personally a welcome bit of steel in terms of a response ( see I'm keeping it lead free ). This is a step - and a step only - in the right direction in my personal view. I'll be seriously impressed if BASC and others can promote that release into wider media.

I believe within context, the nature and intent of my comment was quite clear. That Dalua felt he needed to spin things back to a potential internal fight is personally disappointing and extremely frustrating - BUT equally is a reminder to BASC and other organisations of the deep seated feelings and divisions that remain to be addressed; I can respect that position.

However, if this positive simply gets diverted into yet another Stalking Directory self-inflicted wound I really do think we are all stuffed.
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Moray Outfitting View Post
    That Dalua felt he needed to spin things back to a potential internal fight is personally disappointing and extremely frustrating
    I'm sorry to have cause you these distressing feelings, and have therefore removed the offending comment: I'm afraid in a moment of frivolity, I felt the irony was simply too delicious not to share.

It is quite right that Mr Harriman has comdemned the concept of FAC-applicants paying for the medical reports requested by the FLD: it will be interesting to see how his comments are received.

Dalua - it is a free forum for views. But really appreciate your decision

Dont over worry 'my disappointment' - as JAYB will no doubt point out, I'm used to repeated disappointments & frustration on the diet front if nothing else

Frivolous or not - your comment in the general scheme of things was valid - BASC have taken eye off ball at various times.

It can only be a good thing that BASC has reminded Durham Constabulary of their glaring mistakes made in the past. It is only right and proper that they, Durham Constabulary, sing from the same hymn sheet as the rest of the shooting world, and by that I not only mean those that hold a FAC or SGC, but those that issue these certificates as well.

I had forgotten the bit where they disclaimed any knowledge of the Home Office guidelines, and now my blood is boiling all over again, to claim that has to be one of the most negligent claim by any Police Force in the last 50 years if not ever.

Well done BASC and please keep applying pressure as you are better placed than any other organisation to do so.

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Well done BASC.
    As I reside in County Durham I support your activity 100%
    I suspect their demand for medicals comes down from Ron Hogg, the new PCC. He is a walking disaster area and thinks he is knowledgeable in all things relating to Firearms Licensing. His pal is the new Chief Constable who gives the impression of being a thick thug but is in fact very clever and slippery.
    They are a dangerous couple of characters promoted to positions they are not suited to.

A positive statement from BASC, I hope that they get an equally positive response from the police.

atb Tim