Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How much will a Red Stag cape cost to do?

How much will a Red Stag cape cost to do?

Evening all.

Just going to start by saying welcome back, i've spent a bit of time on UK Varminting over the last year but now my stalking is really taking off so i will be on here a lot more from now on. Question was regarding Red deer capes, currently i have some really nice stags on the land which our looking good for later this year, if and when the day comes and i want mount one, how much will it cost and are there any taxidermists around Devon?

Regards

​Carl.

Good shoulder mount 600-850

I don't know any taxidermists in the Exeter area but you might consider giving Dave McKinley at Heads N Tails a call. He is in Wiveliscombe, Somerset.

If you decide to pay a visit, make sure to ask if you can look around his showrooms. He has amassed a huge collection of taxidermy from all over the world which is worth a look if you're there.
    Best Regards,
    Adrian.

Jedward. The reason why there are two barrels on a shotgun.

There`s Claire down near Chesil beach. Can`t remember her details but someone here will have them.
    She`s very good at her job.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

A friend had a roe buck done and it looked stunning by Claire as Basil says, freedom taxidermy http://www.freedomtaxidermy.co.uk/

Speak to Bill Bartlett on here,no where near Devon but quality is more important than locality......he is your man.....just courier it to him....

Claire is your man, sorry woman, her work is awesome, I have had a roe buck done by her, top of her game.

But I didn't think you were into the deer stalking?
    I seem to remember you meeting the farmer on my permission and stating you only shoot foxes?

Cheers
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    Claire is your man, sorry woman, her work is awesome, I have had a roe buck done by her, top of her game.

I seem to remember you meeting the farmer on my permission and stating you only shoot foxes?

Cheers
    Richard

#awkward
    "If you don't belong, don't be long"

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post

Cheers
    Richard
    Right Richard

Lets just clarify this post by saying i legally have DEER permission on my OPEN certificate! When i went to visit your ground i was unaware at the time that you had the rights there! Your above statement seems to be lets call it "a dig" at what legal right i have to be out shooting deer. What i have on my license is of no concern of yours what so ever if you are that concerned i suggest you enquiry with Devon and Cornwall Constab.

I may not of been in the game as long as you but believe me i am more that capable of deer stalking and have been very lucky over the last year with a suburb permission with many Reds on.

I'm sorry if this post come across as a aggressive but if you read your last paragraph back you may understand why i was a little annoyed?

Regards

Carl.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter79 View Post
    Right Richard

Lets just clarify this post by saying i legally have DEER permission on my OPEN certificate! When i went to visit your ground i was unaware at the time that you had the rights there! Your above statement seems to be lets call it "a dig" at what legal right i have to be out shooting deer. What i have on my license is of no concern of yours what so ever if you are that concerned i suggest you enquiry with Devon and Cornwall Constab.

I may not of been in the game as long as you but believe me i am more that capable of deer stalking and have been very lucky over the last year with a suburb permission with many Reds on.

I'm sorry if this post come across as a aggressive but if you read your last paragraph back you may understand why i was a little annoyed?

Regards

Carl.
    You are overly sensitive matey, it wasn't actually a dig but a rhetorical question, how on earth you came to the conclusion that I questioned your right to shoot deer I have no idea.
    I was just stating a fact in relation to the conversation you had last year.