Thread: Horse meat anyone

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available

Horse meat anyone

At last some sensible answers re culling with firearms. Like you blokes in the UK with your own green antis the green shirt lifters here will tell you that shooting is NOT the answer.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-08-1...ulling/4873726
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

I've seen the Camels from a Chopper when I was back in Oz in 2003, I couldnt believe what I saw. It's no wonder they cull them from the air the back country is so vast, that said whilst rugged there is a delicate side to some parts. At least you have your share of Antis though. Blind fools!

Have they stopped 'mulesing'? the merino's now?
    I heard it was going to be phased out. And if so how has that effected the sheep, are u getting more problems with fly blown back ends?
    Never seen it done (helped crutching as a roustabout) but heard farly brutal but the old boys say the harsher the better as it helps them in long run

Deer Dog Available
    mulesing is still going afaik..we dont run sheep in this area although there are a few around but it isnt the blow fly stike area that further north can be.

Its crueler to NOT mules...try and tell those peta c#@$s that.

সাম্বার হরিণ

Yes PETA used its clout as a shareholder in some firms to get the use of Aus murenio wool banned by some companies I believe and caused a shitstorm in Sweden over it resulting in a ban there, it's about time someone put an infected sheep in their living room so they could see the results of their stupidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by johngryphon View Post
    mulesing is still going afaik..we dont run sheep in this area although there are a few around but it isnt the blow fly stike area that further north can be.

Its crueler to NOT mules...try and tell those peta c#@$s that.
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

We like horse meat in are ready meals

Cheers for that john, when i first heard that i wasn't sure how the sheep farmers were going to reverse decades/centuries off selective breeding in the 3 year time limit that PETA had generously given them and miraculasly come up with sheep that didn't need mulsed. Though there would be a lot of dead sheep lying about

Quote Originally Posted by countrryboy View Post
    Cheers for that john, when i first heard that i wasn't sure how the sheep farmers were going to reverse decades/centuries off selective breeding in the 3 year time limit that PETA had generously given them and miraculasly come up with sheep that didn't need mulsed. Though there would be a lot of dead sheep lying about
    Merinos have not always been the wrinkly beasts we have came to know, skin was bred into them so they would grow more wool in the 1800s, with this came the loose skin around the arse that a vet named Mules decided to cut off. SAMs (south African meat merinos) fine wool ,but straight skin are appearing around OZ , far easiear to shear than the old wrinklies believe me

Deer Dog Available
    Have a look here as to what the peta c%$ts are trying for now...the latest is they dont want sheep shorn 'in the heat',well outback or up north its hot for five months solid...dont shear in the heat? WTF so you want the sheep to carry their massive coats over summer....surely thats not cruel is it? Have a read of their absolute **** below.

http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/art...616_sheep.html

সাম্বার হরিণ