Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tikka 270 t3 lite heavy trigger

Tikka 270 t3 lite heavy trigger

Hi chaps can anyone tell me if they consider the trigger pull weight excessive on T3, I have slackened it off as much as possible but it still seems quite heavy to me and I am sometimes "pulling my shots" my other rifles have quite light triggers which I like.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards WB

Quote Originally Posted by patjack View Post
    Give Dave Wylde a call at Valkyrie rifles he has trigger springs for most Tikka's good price too, everyone seems happy with the pull after fitting them an easy quick job fitted them to my 595 & 695 and made a nice difference.
    Thats interesting, thanks. I have fitted my CZ rifles with different springs so assume the T3 will be as easy?

Regards WB

I have to wonder just why todays shooters cannot seem to cope with a normal trigger pressure of 3-5lbs. Are they so weak today?

​Basically it's your technique that needs correcting.

I have had 2 t3 rifles and adjusted the trigger myself with the relevant screw.
    Taking it right back, in both guns it has been pretty light.
    Maybe a moderator would assist in minimising the shot pulling?

Andi Atzl in Austria makes a trigger for the T3, not sure but maybe they can go down to 20-30 grams...light enough?
    I am with Brit on this, if one can't shoot with a 2.5lb trigger on a hunting rifle one should work on the technique.

My T3 lite trigger can go down to slightly under 2 lbs which I think is a bit light and rather have it between 2-3lbs.
    edi

Devon Custom Rifles are coming out with a UK made trigger for the T3 and other rifles shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    I have had 2 t3 rifles and adjusted the trigger myself with the relevant screw.
    Taking it right back, in both guns it has been pretty light.
    Maybe a moderator would assist in minimising the shot pulling?
    I have adjusted the trigger to the lightest possible weight and now find it spot on for my preference, nothing to do with a need to adjust technique, I like a light trigger and do not feel I should have to "cope" with anything heavier, my choice.

It now cloverleafs at 100 yds which it certainly was not doing before the adjustment.

The rifle has had a DM80 mod fitted, which I am more than pleased with, from day one so cannot make any comparisons on accuracy or technique.

Regards WB

dave at valkyrie rifles sells lighter springs for the t3.i went the whole hog and had a barnard trigger from dave and it feels great.its not that i can't pull a heavy trigger its like driving a car i could drive a car with no power stearing but one with feels so much better and makes things easy.just personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by willowbank View Post
    I have adjusted the trigger to the lightest possible weight and now find it spot on for my preference, nothing to do with a need to adjust technique, I like a light trigger and do not feel I should have to "cope" with anything heavier, my choice.

It now cloverleafs at 100 yds which it certainly was not doing before the adjustment.

The rifle has had a DM80 mod fitted, which I am more than pleased with, from day one so cannot make any comparisons on accuracy or technique.

Regards WB
    The shot I whitnessed from WB the other day there certainly wasnt any problem with technique! The Buck went straight down....

Quote Originally Posted by willowbank View Post

Regards WB

The rifle should still cloverleaf with a 3lbs trigger pull. If it does not then it's back to your technique sorry but that the real fact of the matter.

The other consideration is that just how safe is the rifle with the trigger adjusted so light?

It's one thing on the target range but another matter entirely when one is afield with other people. Once the shot is "let go" there is no recalling it!