Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Saint Hubert's club info

Saint Hubert's club info

Hi

Anyone on here in the saint Hubert's club, just been reading the club details on the Internet

Just wondered if it is something to join or avoid.

Thank you

​Mr D

The friend who acted as my mentor for FAC application is a member of it. Couldn't meet a nicer more helpful gent, very knowledgeable on a wide range of country pursuits and happy to share and pass that on. He's also built like a brick out house, shaven head and looks like he should be a bouncer.
    Not what I'd first picture on thinking of "The Saint Hubert's Club". Beyond knowing him I have no knowledge or experience of them. If he's a fair example of the attitude they engender I'd say they're ok.

We do have members that belong to The Saint Huberts Club but i`m not naming them, they`ll come forward if they so wish.
    Never heard anything bad about them.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr dippy View Post
    HiAnyone on here in the saint Hubert's club, just been reading the club details on the InternetJust wondered if it is something to join or avoid.Thank you​Mr D
    I would suggest you join if you can, it's not easy but worth it in the end as they have some good perks ;-)

Well worth joining if you can as they are a friendly bunch with lots of perks as stated, & some good stalking.
    LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE & PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE!

I have been a member for 29 years.

I have been a member for a long time as well, we have members from all walks of life, weekends at the club cottage at Thetford can be the most enjoyable and informative time spent with like minded people, the training is approved by Lantra and is very professional in its format. I was lucky to be a long term friend, and still am, of a commission stalker, we still stalk together every month. I knew all the old generation commission guys, Tony Rheaman, John Church, and of course one of the most knowledgeable man involved within the deer world, Rex Whitta, a man with a huge knowledge of deer, who was awarded the Balfour-Brown trophy in recognition of his achievement's within the deer world, and of course our own Hubert H. It is not a closed club, anyone can join, whether novice or professional stalker, still have to do the training from entrant to B grade to prove gain your right to stalk on the extensive areas of land the club manage. I do not ever intend to stand down as a member as I feel the club has given me the opportunity to further my passion for deer related pastimes. Deerwarden

Interesting reading,I am based in Cornwall and it seems all of the replies and any information I have seen is based a long way away,do they operate this far West?

I would respectfully suggest you first consider if you are in a position to commit to the clubís events program as Iíve always been led to believe is a key requirement of members.

Things change though so I may be making more of this than necessary.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    I would respectfully suggest you first consider if you are in a position to commit to the clubís events program as Iíve always been led to believe is a key requirement of members.

Things change though so I may be making more of this than necessary.

K
    this is correct , i resigned from the club 18 months or so ago simply because i did not have enough time to spare with work and a young family etc .

but they are great people , who are very serious about what they do . i do plan to re-join at some point and continue where i left off.

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.