Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bipods! Love them or hate them give me the reasonís why.

Bipods! Love them or hate them give me the reasonís why.

Hi All,

Speaking to stalkers over the last few years I have noticed that bipod use can divide opinion as much as having a moderator fitted to your rifle.

Most stalkers that have them think there an indispensable piece of equipment.
    Those who donít usually stating ďNo donít use then the add to much weight and you can always find a restĒ

Bipods! Love them or hate them give me the reasonís why.

Many thanks,
    Glendine.

A bipod generally will never stop you from getting a shot but will sometimes get you that shot that wouldn't be on without a bipod. Ok its nice to carry a 'clean' rifle but for me, a bipod has meant ive connected with a lot more deer than i would have without it.

I wouldn't be without my bipod. Admittedly they do add weight to the rifle but that is far outweighed by the benefit the give when I use them.

Taking a shot from the bipod is by far the most stable position and gives me complete confience to take the shot.

ATB

Stewarty69

It depends on where I am going as to whether I have a bipod on the rifle. If it is to shoot over farmland in winter then I will take the bipod but during the summer and thru woodland (at anytime) I don't usually bother as it is easier to shoot of the sticks due the amount of cover. It is just a tool to used when the right situation demands it.

​Mulac

+1 with sticks i find it gets in the way ,i have bipods in my truck and bag but normly use my binos or back pack if needed .

Quote Originally Posted by Mulac View Post
    It depends on where I am going as to whether I have a bipod on the rifle. If it is to shoot over farmland in winter then I will take the bipod but during the summer and thru woodland (at anytime) I don't usually bother as it is easier to shoot of the sticks due the amount of cover. It is just a tool to used when the right situation demands it.

​Mulac

I dont use a bipod pain in the shoulder noisy and you can lie down and not see a fecking thing sometimes. This can cause you to lose the deer. Sticks is all you need then what you see while scanning is what you see when you take the shot. Also keeps the shot point higher making it safer.

the best thing thats made shooting at 200 yards predictable

A downside is the point of impact difference with a bipod fitted and zeroed but not used for whatever reason.
    Depends on rifle how much this is.

Regular Poster
    Love them. Helps with heather and slopes.

Hate them till I need them, and then find that the grass is too long or the ground too uneven. Great for practice though.