How not to treat your rifle

teyhan1

:eek: Looking at a thread for a Bushnell scope for sale I thought I'd have a look at a review or two.
Now I can be rough on my cleaning regime, but I rarely drop my rifle. But this seemed like a thorough test...make sure you watch till the end

I don't get why they show you the video of him shooting it then show you how they mistreated it after. Makes you think things aren't quite right. Yeah, I thought Bushnell is sort of mid priced stuff, okay if you're on a budget or for a knock around gun (or so it seems). I've got a pair of their 10X42 Excursion binos, which do the job fine, but anybody wanting a swap with some Swarovski's, I'm your man.

Whilst it might not be that conclusive I'd like to see a Swarovski take some of that abuse...

Bushnells are tough as old boots, mid range they might be but better value for money.

Whilst it might not be that conclusive I'd like to see a Swarovski take some of that abuse...Bushnells are tough as old boots, mid range they might be but better value for money.

Over thirty years of stalking I've both slipped & seen friends have accidents where their rifle &/or Swarovski/Schmidt/Zeiss has been severely damaged when landing heavily on rocks - but not one of those scopes has lost it's zero; not a single one, even though the damage to the casing has been pretty excessive :thumb:.

I'd say in each case, the cash paid for these optics is money well spent and the repair service from all three mfrs has been excellent - (If not free of charge). So, I know where I'd spend my hard earned cash & as none of three mfrs I mentioned have anything to prove, there'd be no point in them or any of their distributors making a similar video.
​just my opinion. Cheers, ATB

The scope will have been supplied to Frank (Lowlight) to conduct a torture test in order to bolster their profile with the tactical shooters in the US. These shooters are asking a lot more of their equipment on a regular basis and need to know how it will perform in adverse conditions. All the components in that rifle build are top quality, it's a demonstration that the Bushnell can hang in there with the rest of the set up.

The scope will have been supplied to Frank (Lowlight) to conduct a torture test in order to bolster their profile with the tactical shooters in the US. These shooters are asking a lot more of their equipment on a regular basis and need to know how it will perform in adverse conditions. All the components in that rifle build are top quality, it's a demonstration that the Bushnell can hang in there with the rest of the set up.

Exactly, I doubt these guys would put a Swarovski on their Rig, probably not even Zeiss.

Exactly, I doubt these guys would put a Swarovski on their Rig, probably not even Zeiss.

The Bushnell at $850 is nothing more than a curiosity and a demonstration of the capability of sub $1000 glass. Lowlight uses and has access to the top of the line tactical scopes from Nightforce, S&B etc. It is however a good demonstration of the quality of low / mid price point optics designed for long range precision / tactical shooters on a budget.

If you Google swarovski torture test you will find two films of absolutely crazy treatment of Z6 Swarovskis then clamped back on and all maintain POA.

I did watch to the end as suggested. I guess mag in and bolt closed is just how I would throw a rifle about in front of a camera. Shows how tough the rifle/scope combo is. Also demonstrates how dense the tester is. :rofl:

Last edited:
Back