Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My First Wolf - What a Story!!!

Question My First Wolf - What a Story!!!

Hi,

So I post lots of articles on my site from Fieldsports Enthusiasts...
    This guy sent me the story of his first Wolf stalk!!

Have any of you been hunting for Wolves?

Let me know!!??

Ben
    Last edited by sikamalc; 10-09-2013 at 13:31. Reason: Promoting own website

Account Suspended
    im not being highly opinionated here but i feel its wrong to hunt another hunter (wolf, bear etc.) especially the wolf, they are a keystone in their natural foodweb, they are a "feast-or-famine" predator meaning they will eat everything they kill and can go a very long time between kills they dont usually horde their food unless they are in an extremely well conditioned territory for them (no other wolves and lots and lots of easy prey) or they have whelps. they keep deer numbers down and encourage herds to move very frequently thus reducing over grazing and reductions in plant biodiversity. i believe people should only hunt for a positive purpose whether its for food to save some money (rabbit and deer) or to right the wrongs of human intervention (red deer culling in scotland because of the removal of their natural predators of bears and wolves)

Quote Originally Posted by Keepers Mate View Post
    Hi,

So I post lots of articles on my site from Fieldsports Enthusiasts...
    This guy sent me the story of his first Wolf stalk!!

Have any of you been hunting for Wolves?

Let me know!!??

Ben
    Hmm perhaps you might like to ask Admin first before promoting your own website
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Quote Originally Posted by Predatory_Beast View Post
    im not being highly opinionated here but i feel its wrong to hunt another hunter (wolf, bear etc.) especially the wolf, they are a keystone in their natural foodweb, they are a "feast-or-famine" predator meaning they will eat everything they kill and can go a very long time between kills they dont usually horde their food unless they are in an extremely well conditioned territory for them (no other wolves and lots and lots of easy prey) or they have whelps. they keep deer numbers down and encourage herds to move very frequently thus reducing over grazing and reductions in plant biodiversity. i believe people should only hunt for a positive purpose whether its for food to save some money (rabbit and deer) or to right the wrongs of human intervention (red deer culling in scotland because of the removal of their natural predators of bears and wolves)
    So you don't believe in fox control then?

Account Suspended
    not particularly, cases with a serious problem concerning chickens or something sure, but i just think people are to quick to just kill things without looking for alternatives, for example a polish farmer managed to protect his land from wolves by playing a recording of wolves howling through speakers giving the impression that his land was in a much larger packs territory, it really depends on the reason needing the fox numbers controlled

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    So you don't believe in fox control then?

Just what I thought .... Just settled down with a cuppa and some jammy dodgers ( no popcorn sadly ) I'm looking forward to this one
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Account Suspended
    haha, only problem is this is just a debate of opinions, im not trying to convert anyone to my way of thinking which i know is flawed as Perdix pointed out with fox control regarding my statement about not killing other perdators

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Just what I thought .... Just settled down with a cuppa and some jammy dodgers ( no popcorn sadly ) I'm looking forward to this one
    Oh I like jammy Dodgers

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    Oh I like jammy Dodgers
    Can we get a jammy dodger emoticon dunking into a cuppa ???
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions