Sako ammunition

David T

Need some help please. I use 117grn soft points in 25-06 but am now struggling to get hold of any at my usual retailers. Do any of you guys know of anywhere that has some. I travel around quite a bit so anywhere north of Manchester is do-able.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Well, Sako ammo is not liked by my........Sako!

It is not awful - but it is far from exceptional.

I recently used a few assorted boxes I was given (I normally home brew) and Federals were by far the best of the bunch but none were a patch on the home loads.

I've just had to fire off 60 Sako 6.5x55 Supermatch just to salvage the brass. They would all hang-fire (click, half a second pause... bang) and 2 in 60 didn't go off at all. I checked the misfires and the powder was sticky and the primers and bullet bases were corroded. It was an old batch from 1998-ish but was in perfect external condition. I suspect primer compound decomposition. Sako ammo has a good reputation otherwise.

Pleased to be of assistance David :tiphat:. It looks a bit disorganised in there sometimes but they stock a hell of a lot of gear behind the scenes.

Yorkie.

Ha ha ha, yeah apparently some one had moved them so it was all hands to the pumps for 10 min or so. Quite funny listening to them both bickering with each other though !

Need some help please. I use 117grn soft points in 25-06 but am now struggling to get hold of any at my usual retailers. Do any of you guys know of anywhere that has some. I travel around quite a bit so anywhere north of Manchester is do-able.

Thanks for your help.
Try malmo guns nr Lancaster they have sako as I get mine there

Back