Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leica Geovid HD-B 10x42 Binoculars

Leica Geovid HD-B 10x42 Binoculars

Anyone got a pair of the new Leica Geovid HD-B 10x42 binoculars? I would like your opinion before I commit. Also anyone know if Zeiss are going to make the new HT bino's into rangefinders anytime soon.

Your opinion would be appreciated.

Thanks

DS

DS

I have a pair of the Leica Geovid HD-B 8x42. I have to say that as of yet the jury is out. I have not yet used them extensively, so cannot make a full comment.
    I purchased them to replace a pair of Zeiss RF bins, primarily because Zeiss UK customer service is an utter joke.
    My choice was between the Leicas or a pair of Swarovski EL Range. I went with the Leicas because they range find down to 10m whereas the Swarovski's only range to 30m, also because the best bins I have ever had were a pair of Leica Ultravids
    A mate has a pair of 10 x EL Range and the other evening we were comparing them side by side. The 10x Els were pulling in more light that the 8x Geovid HD-Bs!
    In mid Sept will have be in the fortunate situation to blag a pair of EL Range for a couple of days and will be able to try them alongside the Zeiss RF and Geovid HD-Bs. Will post my findings.

Regards

​Ed

Any feedback on the binos?

Brooklands Holiday Apartments in North Yorkshire
    www.visitbrooklands.co.uk

Find us on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brook...71190506238710

Quote Originally Posted by Wills View Post
    Any feedback on the binos?
    any update on this. I'm looking to pick up a pair shortly

I went to Swillingtons last week as they were the cheapest around. Tried the Geovid HD-B in 8's and 10's then tried against the Swarovski RF 8's. IMO the Swaro were noticeably brighter/sharper. Walked away without buying any and still unsure what to do. Surely Zeiss with have to play catch up soon and will adapt the new HT's. Will wait and see what happens me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by DEER STALKER View Post
    I went to Swillingtons last week as they were the cheapest around. Tried the Geovid HD-B in 8's and 10's then tried against the Swarovski RF 8's. IMO the Swaro were noticeably brighter/sharper. Walked away without buying any and still unsure what to do. Surely Zeiss with have to play catch up soon and will adapt the new HT's. Will wait and see what happens me thinks.
    Hi Deerstalker,
    At the recent shooting show I asked the Zeiss rep when they would be doing the rangefinder in the HT binos, his reply was that it would not be months as far as he was aware there was no plan to integrate them, he finished by saying maybe years

Just been through all this last month - 8x42 elr swaros, 8x42 hd geovids, and zeiss 8x45's. Had them all out side by side, didnt like the zeiss as the just seemed heavy and clumpy compared to the other to nut still didnt rule them out. had a look at the rangefinder on all and they all gave me the same reading reapetedly over and over so nothing to decide on there. looking through them i thought the swaros just edged it slightly over the zeiss and leicas so i went with the 8x42 swarovskis. But to be honest there wasnt much in it at all and you wont be dissapointed by any so just pick the ones you like the look of and which feels the best ergonomically in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Just been through all this last month - 8x42 elr swaros, 8x42 hd geovids, and zeiss 8x45's. Had them all out side by side, didnt like the zeiss as the just seemed heavy and clumpy compared to the other to nut still didnt rule them out. had a look at the rangefinder on all and they all gave me the same reading reapetedly over and over so nothing to decide on there. looking through them i thought the swaros just edged it slightly over the zeiss and leicas so i went with the 8x42 swarovskis. But to be honest there wasnt much in it at all and you wont be dissapointed by any so just pick the ones you like the look of and which feels the best ergonomically in your hands.
    Must agree the Swaro's feel the best in my hands and around the eye fit. I was very surprised because the HD Geovids look like they have been well thought out ergonomically and the Swaro's look a bit like an afterthought. I looked at the current Zeiss years ago and yes I also though they were too big.

I think at nearly 3k they are taking the pi$$, however I did look through some 10x42 and did like them.
    Last edited by Wills; 10-03-2014 at 15:11.

Brooklands Holiday Apartments in North Yorkshire
    www.visitbrooklands.co.uk

Find us on Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brook...71190506238710

I've just gone with what I'm hearing from people in the know, I mean you don't get professional shooters chopping in their EL's for Leicas because they want less bright or clear optics.