Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benelli M2 slug barrel 24"

Benelli M2 slug barrel 24"

Hi all,
    I'm trying to source a 24" slug barrel for my Benelli M2 practical.
    If anyone can help I'd be much obliged.
    Thanks.
    Piglet shifted uncomfortably in his high seat;

"Oh bother" sighed Pooh as he chambered another round...

Quote Originally Posted by coriolis View Post
    Hi all,
    I'm trying to source a 24" slug barrel for my Benelli M2 practical.
    If anyone can help I'd be much obliged.
    Thanks.
    Hi
    I think the Benelli 24" slug barrel is rifled making it illegal in the UK as that would make it a semi auto 12 bore rifle
    Geordie

No they are smooth bore/cylinder bore,GMK do not import them to the UK ,not even ,to special order ,I am afraid it is a lost cause! You could go to Italy and import one I suppose.....

Thanks for your comments.
    I know that John Forsey Guns sell a 24" slug barrelled M2 but I don't want to buy the whole gun!
    If they can get the guns then there must surely be somewhere that I can get a barrel
    I'll keep looking.

they say there is no such thing as a stupid question but what is the difference between a slug barrell and normal?i'm guessing no choke or threads any other?

Quote Originally Posted by triggersqueezer View Post
    they say there is no such thing as a stupid question but what is the difference between a slug barrell and normal?i'm guessing no choke or threads any other?
    I agree there's no such thing as a stupid question, and if you're wondering about it, then there's also probably a few more who are also wondering but are too scared to ask !
    I'm no expert, but I believe the general 'slug' barrel is unchoked, usually fitted with rifle type iron sights and is specifically designed to fire slug rounds. They are better for firing at static targets and over longer distances, but no good for pigeoning !
    Prolonged use of a choked barrel to fire slugs can result in swelling or stretching of the barrel.
    Can anyone else add to this ?

Quote Originally Posted by coriolis View Post
    I agree there's no such thing as a stupid question, and if you're wondering about it, then there's also probably a few more who are also wondering but are too scared to ask !
    I'm no expert, but I believe the general 'slug' barrel is unchoked, usually fitted with rifle type iron sights and is specifically designed to fire slug rounds. They are better for firing at static targets and over longer distances, but no good for pigeoning !
    Prolonged use of a choked barrel to fire slugs can result in swelling or stretching of the barrel.
    Can anyone else add to this ?
    I think also a true slug barrel has a different forcing cone to a shot barrel but I'd be willing to be corrected / enlightened further on that.

ATB,

Scrummy

Cheers Scrummy

With a choked barrel NEVER GO LESS THAN IMPROVED CYLINDER EVEN WITH FINNED BRENNEKES!! There have been cases of barrel bulging ,even bursts

I've currently got a 26" ported practical barrel on it. I use an improved cylinder with no. 6 shot for some disciplines, but if shooting slug I remove the choke altogether. Last thing I want is a bulged barrel.