Thread: Try before you buy?

Try before you buy?

I contacted Rfd about trying a couple of different calibres before deciding on a calibre and ordering the new gun through them.
    I was told it would be ok if I paid for amo and there range charge of 30 and to call back the day before I came. "a range charge I thought that was a bit steep but hey"
    A few days later I called again to arange the visit, I was told as I did not have these two calibres on my ticket there would be a further 50 instructors charge on top of the 30 range charge and two boxes of amo.
    All I really wanted was 2 shots with 2 different calibres! With what a friend pays for his rounds that would of been another 65 on top.
    Is there anyone that offers this service?

Quote Originally Posted by john444334 View Post
    I contacted Rfd about trying a couple of different calibres before deciding on a calibre and ordering the new gun through them.
    I was told it would be ok if I paid for amo and there range charge of 30 and to call back the day before I came. "a range charge I thought that was a bit steep but hey"
    A few days later I called again to arange the visit, I was told as I did not have these two calibres on my ticket there would be a further 50 instructors charge on top of the 30 range charge and two boxes of amo.
    All I really wanted was 2 shots with 2 different calibres! With what a friend pays for his rounds that would of been another 65 on top.
    Is there anyone that offers this service?
    Steve Beatty at Ivythorn , unfortunately he is a long way from you in Somerset, are there no local clubs where you could go on a guest day? or do you not have any friends with said calibres?
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

I am in Mid Wales which maybe not to far from you depending where in Shropshire you are. I have a 270 or 243 you could try and I'm sure one of my mates would give you a couple of shots with his 308. Send me a PM if interested. Gaz

Hi john
    we offer that survice , on everything from .14 to 50BMG . give me a ring 01538 308697

all the best

mike

ZEISS PRO STALKER