Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what next ?

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

what next ?

looking at a change so looking at moving on my last 2 rifles to get the new one, or use the tikka 590 as a doner rifle ?.

i love the thought of going back to a 6mm br as i had great results with my old one and its fine for longer range work and just fantastic on charlie etc,

i have the 20 tac and to me its a cracking tool but i just feel a change of direction is needed to keep the interest going ( i do need both my sgc and fac in my job but as i don't shoot that often and stalking is no longer done, im just stuck on what to go for,

the rifle needs to be good running just a 20 to 22" barrel,

and no need to be any bigger than a 6mm.

tum T tum just where can i go.........not bothered if its a wild cat or a normal off the shelf calibre.

any thoughts, ?
    bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

6x47 lapua

atb Steve

Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    looking at a change so looking at moving on my last 2 rifles to get the new one, or use the tikka 590 as a doner rifle ?.

i love the thought of going back to a 6mm br as i had great results with my old one and its fine for longer range work and just fantastic on charlie etc,

i have the 20 tac and to me its a cracking tool but i just feel a change of direction is needed to keep the interest going ( i do need both my sgc and fac in my job but as i don't shoot that often and stalking is no longer done, im just stuck on what to go for,

the rifle needs to be good running just a 20 to 22" barrel,

and no need to be any bigger than a 6mm.

tum T tum just where can i go.........not bothered if its a wild cat or a normal off the shelf calibre.

any thoughts, ?
    bob.
    I might let you px the tac for my 20" 243 sako
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The tramp View Post
    I might let you px the tac for my 20" 243 sako
    Hi T

I have a 243 in 22" but its old hat now, and as said i fancy a change to keep the interest going,

thank you SF, 6x47 may well be one on the list.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

6mm 300rum will do 500 shots per barrel I expect, would vapourise foxes,would have to be a well constructed bullet to withstand the hyper velocities, that would shoot flatter than a witches tit
    Last edited by swarovski; 18-08-2013 at 20:55.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gr1ffer View Post
    20 satan
    nice idea but.

If you are still not convinced about .20 calibres, think on this; the gap between .17 and .22 centerfire, in fact 0.172 and 0.224 calibres is some 0.052 thousandths of an inch which in ballistic terms is huge. That’s like having a 0.243 and 0.308 calibre with no 0.257, 0.264, 0.277 and 0.284 calibres between them, and where would we be without the 25-06, 6.5x55mm, .270 Win or any of the 7 mm calibres. Makes you think doesn't it?
    One down side is case prep and run at full throttle the .20 Satan barrel life for top accuracy is only 1000 rounds but that’s 1000 dead crows!

not for me,

still thinking of the 6mmbr yet again once bitten forever smitten as with the 20 tactical.,

bob.

You should not have sold the one i sold you !

​Keith