Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scabba Wood near Sprotborough, Doncaster

Scabba Wood near Sprotborough, Doncaster

Any idea if there is anything worth hunting in Scabba wood to the west of Sprotborough, near Doncaster?

Have you got or been offered permission there ZZR?

I'm thinking of buying some land there

That is what I call really pushing the boat out

Know that there are a few Roe and Munty around the Bawtry area but not familiar with the woods you are talking about

I went to school with the previous owners of that wood. They moved to France and bought a vineyard. Not sure if they still own it or not. But I know a few people who live next to it and the first bit from the cadeby side has a private shoot on it iirc.

I know of a Munty being shot many years ago so should be a few more around now.

Quote Originally Posted by DEER STALKER View Post
    I know of a Munty being shot many years ago so should be a few more around now.
    If the dogmen haven't mopped em all up pretty prolific in that area I believe.
    Better to have failed again than to have lifted someones leg

Quote Originally Posted by zzr600 View Post
    Any idea if there is anything worth hunting in Scabba wood to the west of Sprotborough, near Doncaster?
    Hi ZZR
    Surely if you have intention to buy this land then you will have walked it and its boundaries, if I was to be buying land for sporting purposes id be wanting to see sign myself and not just what someone else may think of it.
    Kind regards
    Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by snowy View Post
    If the dogmen haven't mopped em all up pretty prolific in that area I believe.
    Thats very true

Quote Originally Posted by fra-mini View Post
    I went to school with the previous owners of that wood. They moved to France and bought a vineyard. Not sure if they still own it or not. But I know a few people who live next to it and the first bit from the cadeby side has a private shoot on it iirc.
    I live close, kids school in Sprot, I've walked the dogs on the foot paths around there today. Sod-all about, same as most of the other FC /Private stuff around High Melton. As soon as there's deer about the FC lamp the woods endlessly (even as far as telling the farmers to leave them alone - as they belong to the FC!!)

anyhow, then you've got the pikeys and dog boys constantly trawling the woods for deer. So if you are buying for the stalking unless you are willing to guard 24/7 you are going to be on a loser, as stated there is a game shoot on one bit, that's road side by the turning to the Boat Inn, very protective lot, and keep themselves to themselves!

​T