Thread: Wicklow Sika

Wicklow Sika

Had a good afternoon stalking yesterday, below are a few pics from yesterday.

Had a good stalk on the stag, i had glassed a few animals on a clearing from a distance so decided to give it a look, when i got up to the clearing there were no animals on it, so decided to give it a few minutes to see if anything was stirring, a hind came running out of the timber, then another closely followed by a little pricket, the pricket chased them back into the timber without the chance of a shot.

Waited another 15-20 minutes, then another hind came running out of the timber then the 8pt appeared, he was about 180mtrs, he started feeding, waited to take the shot hit hom high on the shoulder, he walked about 10-15mtrs and keeled over.

Back in the larder he weighed out at 45kgs, there was no fat left on the kidneys and he had a good amount of food in the stomach when gralloching him in the field.

Heard a good few stags whistling in the evening.

wicklow202

Lovely stag, and a lovely rifle. Blaser?? Who did you hunt with in Wicklow. I would like to go there myself. would you have any contact details? thanks.

Nice pics and a cracking stag!!

ATB

Rob
    243Sako

Nice stag there fella but must have been easy to shoot cos he ain't got no legs or is that an Irish thing

Quote Originally Posted by 177landy View Post
    Nice stag there fella but must have been easy to shoot cos he ain't got no legs or is that an Irish thing
    LMAO!!

(.....but well done Wicklow202! Job's a good 'un!)
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Wonderful Wicklow.
    HWH.