Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: roe rut

roe rut

Is it still going on, I didnt see any this morning

I'm pretty sure it's only just started where I am(Devon)

just starting for real in my corner of yorkshire

Quote Originally Posted by dac9976 View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's only just started where I am(Devon)
    Not sure where in Devon you are, 10 days ago it was in full swing in mid Devon, but no sign of it over the past few days.
    Cheers
    Richard

Friday evening saw a doe on her own watched her for 1/2 hour no bucks to be seen.
    Saturday morning nice buck on his own out feeding, didn't try the call, was easy enough to stalk in to him. Saturday afternoon dog flushed a young roe kid from cover. Saw 2 obvious rutting rings but nothing else (Dumfries)

I saw 2 mature deer (couldn't sex at extree distance) belt across a stubble field into cover early doors this morning in north yorks. A buck clamour taking the same line about an hour later. For the impression the first 2 was a buck chasing a doe.

Novice

I saw 2 mature deer (couldn't sex at extree distance) belt across a stubble field into cover early doors this morning in north yorks. A buck clamour taking the same line about an hour later. For the impression the first 2 was a buck chasing a doe.

Novice

I'm in north Devon mate. Defiantly only started here around the end of this week., where I'm stalking anyway!

Probaly out again shortly,different venue, it must be nearly over here, I cant see your deers biological clock is that far out,

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Probaly out again shortly,different venue, it must be nearly over here, I cant see your deers biological clock is that far out,
    Went out last weekend, Friday, sat and Sunday .... Nothing at all very quiet indeed. Went out this Friday and it had started. So it could of started Monday maybe!!!! Who knows.