Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High quality mounts for an HMR

High quality mounts for an HMR

Contemplating adding an HMR to my certificate and I'm planning now what gun/scope/rings package to put together, the rifle is very likely to be an Anschutz 1517, the scope, a variable without parallax adjustment, maybe a Duralyt or something similar, now the rings seem to be the problem, the 1517 only has the 11mm dovetail rail like an air rifle and I wanted to use high quality rings like the Burris Signature series one's with the optiloc style inserts to protect the scope from marking.
    I can find Burris SS high rings for inch diameter scopes but not for 30mm diameter tube scopes, am I missing another make which would cater for my needs or is it worth getting the 11mm dovetail to Weaver adaptors (BKL-566) shown on this page Opticswarehouse BKL Scope Mounts, BKL 9-11mm to Weaver Adapters and then attaching the Burris Signature Zee Weaver 30mm scope rings to the adapters...?
    I haven't come across a scope I fancy with a one inch tube yet hence the 30mm tube rings.
    Any helpful advice would be gratefully appreciated, maybe 1517 owners could let me know what they're using..?

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

MarkC

If you want a picatinny rail for a 1517 then this is what you want:

http://kinneysshootingsupply.com/ans...01-p-1356.html

I have one on mine and they are excellent quality, Kinney will deliver to the UK as well.

You can then choose from any number of high quality mounts

Hi Anthony, does that rail screw directly into the tapped holes in the top of the receiver..? any chance of some pics of your one..?

Cheers

MarkC

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyR View Post
    If you want a picatinny rail for a 1517 then this is what you want:

http://kinneysshootingsupply.com/ans...01-p-1356.html

I have one on mine and they are excellent quality, Kinney will deliver to the UK as well.

You can then choose from any number of high quality mounts
    +1 Excellent quality. And allows you to move optics or NV easier.

1517 has tapped holes for bases.

Neil.

If you email Sportsmatch giving your rifle make/model and full details of your scope they will recommend the best fitting mounts form your setup.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....

Quote Originally Posted by esoxecosse View Post
    Hi Anthony, does that rail screw directly into the tapped holes in the top of the receiver..? any chance of some pics of your one..?

Cheers

MarkC
    Yes the rail is screwed on using the existing holes in the top of the receiver, the screws are supplied with the rail as well.

I don't have any pics at the mo as I am at work but if you Google Image search for DIP Anschutz rail, I am fairly sure you will get what you are after.

I went with a rail so I could switch easily between NV and a dayscope and all my rifles now have rails so I can move scopes about as I want to.

Why would you want to put a "rail" on this rifle??

Here is my recomendation:

Cheers

K

Ideally I would like bases and rings, I didn't know they were available, hence the post, glad I did now, can anyone point me in the specific direction for bases for a 1517..?

Cheers

MarkC

i used these=BKL-261 4" Long Rimfire Unitized Dovetail Moun, on my 1417. admitedly only 1" but worked well with a zeiss conquest 4.5-14 x44, very solid mounts and nice looking to boot, i will be getting another set soon to add to my 1517( great rifle )
    craig