Brass leaving the UK - legalities?

Pop Shot

Hey guys,

Shortly going to be returning home to New Zealand and am contemplating taking back some rifle brass (new and unfired) back to New Zealand with me. There is a dire shortage back home, particularly of the caliber I have in mind for a build when I return and I have found a good supply over here at a reasonable price.

Can I put it in my checked luggage? Is it easier to send it back home?

What are the legalities here?

Cheers,
Pop Shot

I don't think it's an issue if it's in checked luggage, it's not ammunition. I took ammunition to NZ in 09 with a rifle, no drama.I know you won't have an issue when getting to NZ but there maybe an issue if you're going via Asia.

I don't think it's an issue if it's in checked luggage, it's not ammunition. I took ammunition to NZ in 09 with a rifle, no drama.I know you won't have an issue when getting to NZ but there maybe an issue if you're going via Asia.

Stopping in Bangkok for five nights - this was my main concern.

I will look into postage costs today and go from there. Even worth the hassle and costs of postage - still works out to be a good buying.

Stopping in Bangkok for five nights - this was my main concern.
You may not need to but if I were you I'd email customs_clinic@customs.go.th and ask them. You may even need to apply for an import license from the Thai Ministry of the Interior. Alternatively, contact the Thai Embassy here in the UK and they may be able to help.
If in doubt, I'd post them to yourself in NZ as you've suggested

could you not leave it at the airport bond house ! customs and collect it on way to NZ so never go's down the green chanel :tiphat:

Back