Ironman to Copperman again

MarkH

Hi Guys

Yep I'm still around contrary to popular belief.
Just completed an Ironman triathlon in Italy to raise money for the local air ambulance.
20x30-EMAE0709.jpg

Now I can relax on the training(20hrs a week) I have been filling the chiller with venison.
R0010995.jpg

I shot this buck at dawn offhand @ 90m (he had a bad infection too his nether regions) so it was a bit of a Hail Mary shot that required a second back up.
R0010996.jpg

Just for interest I managed to dig the second bullet out of the clay for those interested.

Mark

Hi Mole

Yes they are monolithic. A friend on mine makes them in Germany. You can google Kupferjagdgeschoss (KJG), a Gucci version of the Barnes TSX.
http://saxtech.eu/7,62-mm/308-Win.htm
They are quite expensive but meat damage/contamination is minimal so they pay for themselves quite easily.
I only hunt with these bullets,in the following calibers 0.30 cal/7mm/ 0.375 and 0.458.

Mark

MarkH said:
a Gucci version of the Barnes TSX.

I'm still ploughing through my stock of the TK Maxx variety. :lol: No more pre-minced shoulders to contend with and consequently that much more meat on the table.

Regards,

Cupric Iwrch

Well done mate
fantastic achievement on the Iron man event and for a worthy cause ;)
Any chance of getting an email address for your mate as i could do with ordering a few boxes of heads to try out
hav a feeling copper will be our future
ATB

Good effort Mark - well done. Although if you wanted to be really tough you could have done it those fancy leather pants. :)

Well Done Mark,

I did one myself (Austria 2006) I know what it takes in preparation.

Do you plan to do any more?

H

Well done.

Having done a few marathons I can imagine the work you've put in. Always quite fancied the idea of an ironman but as I swim with the style of a brick :rolleyes: :oops: I dont see it happening any time soon.

Hi Herne

Yes, two more for next year.
Switzerland in July and Italy in September.
Once April starts the green wool will be swapped for yellow lycra again :lol:

Mark

Congratulations and it is for sure a fantastic achievement.

More impressive by the fact that you have signed up for 2 others!

The preparation for something like that must be a collosal commitment and that in my opinion is as much of an achievement as completing the event.

Back