Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Certificate conditions.

Certificate conditions.

I have just recieved my renewed certificate in the post.

On my previous cert I only had open conditions on my rimfire rifles.As requested my .308 and .223 have also been opened .

My old cert still has a month to run until expiry and my new cert is dated from then.

At my home visit ,I was instructed to post my old cert to them when I recieved my new one.

Is my new certificate and conditions valid now, Or do I have to wait until the date on the cert.

I also need to buy some ammo. Which cert do I use? (Is the old one still valid).

Ring them and ask which they prefer you do.....

Bertie,

Your old certificate will have valid from and valid until dates on it. From what you say you still have one month validity on it. You also say that the valid from date on your new certificate is from/after the valid until date on your old.

Your old certificate is therefore your current certificate until you hit the end date.

Stan

Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Bertie,

Your old certificate will have valid from and valid until dates on it. From what you say you still have one month validity on it. You also say that the valid from date on your new certificate is from/after the valid until date on your old.

Your old certificate is therefore your current certificate until you hit the end date.

Stan
    That is how I also read it.
    It was just the FEO's instruction to post the old one to them on receipt of the new one that confused me.

Bertie,

Stan
    x1 and I would also keep hold of your old (current) certificate until the expired date. Gaz

Bertie,

Stan
    I can't agree with that as it lacks legal certainty. That's why the old certificate is usually requested at Renewal. Not compulsory, but is does save hassle and helps them check ammunition takeup, etc.

Your replacement FAC is valid from the Date of Issue as signed by the CC, and is binding as soon as you sign it (which of course you have to immediately on receipt). It's quite common for FLD's to issue new FAC's months before the expiry of the previous Certificate. RFD's often go on the new certificate obviously - if you have it in your possession then it's valid, and supersedes the old.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    I can't agree with that as it lacks legal certainty. That's why the old certificate is usually requested at Renewal. Not compulsory, but is does save hassle and helps them check ammunition takeup, etc.

Your replacement FAC is valid from the Date of Issue as signed by the CC, and is binding as soon as you sign it (which of course you have to immediately on receipt). It's quite common for FLD's to issue new FAC's months before the expiry of the previous Certificate. RFD's often go on the new certificate obviously - if you have it in your possession then it's valid, and supersedes the old.
    If it was a straight renewal then yes I would agree but as there are now variations in the wordings and conditions on the new Certificate then I think it is not the case. To be safe I would ring a legal dept of dare I say it BASC.

Simple.
    If your 'old' cert is valid till (eg) 01/10/2013, and the 'new' cert FROM 02/10/2013, then your 'old' cert is still in force and valid, until the expiry date, or, the start date of the 'new' cert, whichever is soonest.
    Any conditions on the 'old' cert, are still in force until the 'new' cert comes into force.

Picture this,
    car declared sorn, you tax it a week early for six months, it has a start date, but, you drive your car before the start of the first day, of the first of the six months you taxed it for, and get pulled, you will still be prosecuted for driving without a valid tax disc.

Dont risk not having a valid ticket, keep hold of, and use the 'old' ticket until the new one is in force, then send it back, if you are worried, include a note explaining why you kept it until the new cert became valid.

Regards
    ​Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

I phoned Carbrook House today.

After some discussion they said that my new cert was valid now. But if I want to, I can still keep my old one until it expires.

I am not convinced, So I'll play safe until the dates tally.

keep your old ticket it is yours
    ​cheers lister