Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A gift to myself: Optics

A gift to myself: Optics

Yeah looking to buy myself a new set of optics. A set that should last me "forever" and a set that I can use on whatever hunting I should do.

I have 2 options to similair prices.

1: Leupold VX-6 2-12x42 + Leupold Mckinley HD 10x42bins.

2: Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 + Zeiss Conquest HD 10x42bins.

Both scopes are illuminated. The Leupold can go down to 2 but the Zeiss have 50mm objective. Hard choice. Any advice?

Im coming from low-end optics so both sets would be a big improvement.

if it were me i wouldnt bother with the binos yet and just buy a top end ziess not a duralyt and save up for the binos at a later date, i love my victory diavari 2.5-10x50 and even tho it cost me a lot to buy i wouldnt swap it

Zeiss every time over leupold I've seen a few leupold scopes and was not impressed

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    zeiss

leupolds are pants.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    if it were me i wouldnt bother with the binos yet and just buy a top end ziess not a duralyt and save up for the binos at a later date, i love my victory diavari 2.5-10x50 and even tho it cost me a lot to buy i wouldnt swap it
    I would get high-end binos first, then the scope. Binos find you the deer, after all.

I feel that Leupold do not compare too favourably to Zeiss, especially when you look at the mid to high end stuff.

I can't agree with getting the binos first. There is nothing more frustrating than locating quarry in poor light with binos then being unable to take the shot because of a lesser quality scope. (Speaks the voice of experience. )

regards

​Ian

Cant and wont pay the price of Zeiss or any other "high-end stuff"

I will be getting the Duralyt+Conqest HD then. I just compared the scopes reticles and the Zeiss ret.60 is a winner.

I'd do again what I did myself... ie do nothing until I could afford both Swaro scope (Z6i) and Swaro binos (EL 10x42)... As previously said, there's nothing worse than being able to pinpoint "the" buck with the binos, then lose it with inferior scope.

You looking at this the right way though by matching one manufacturer for both as logically you should get the same sight picture, but I'd wait until you can buy the best that you want to buy. Nothing wrong with previously loved either, so keep your eyes open on here and eBay
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

North Eastern Victoria Australia Mitta Mitta Sambar country.
    Deer Dog Available
    I shot a lot of deer with a 4x wide angle bushnell,then I went to 2-7 x 33 Leupolds,then I went to 3.5-10 Zeiss conquests that I still use to this day,I also have a pair of Swaro scopes among my five deer calibres rifles .

The bottom line is that I estimate out of all the deer i have actually taken that I could have rolled the lot using the 4 x Bushnell...but it is nice to look through the real quality units ha ha.
    "you nae be needing these no more"
    I said as I slipped the knife through the cord

সাম্বার হরিণ

Choose the Zeiss option from your choice of two........for me though, I'd buy Swarovski every time - a much better 'lifetime' choice I believe. Save a bit more cash & buy once. Best of luck & good hunting. ATB
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!