Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What lamp do you use

What lamp do you use

I am looking at getting a new lamping kit,I have been using the lightforce kit for a number of years now.
    But I am pretty close to buying the new night master 800 LED, getting good reports

Has anybody tried one, any suggestion of which LED cocolours

thanks for your feed back

Tikka595

I have both NM800 as lamping light and scope mounted light both are on red led,'s I cant fault the lights in any way they are expensive but you get what you pay for. If you do get one or any other type of led light invest money into a quality charger and batteries.

Panosonic or Xtar about the best and I would go for protected circuits

​hope this helps

It depends how you lamp, the NM800 is fantastic if you are out on your own or sitting still but for covering much area from a vehicle you still can't beat a lightforce

the dimmer is too important to me to go for a non dimmed LED

I have a TriStar pro on the gun

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    lightforce 170 on a sucker mount on the roof of the discovery,

lightforce 170 on the same mount on the sutton farm 4x4

lightforce 140 spare.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

I have been using a lightforce 170 for ages, just had a loan of a nightmaster with both the white, and red led units, ideal for lamping bunnies from a barn etc, but I do prefer the spread of the 170, even on 'tight' when scanning around for Charlie's eyes, but the pair together, nightmaster on rifle, lightforce handheld, good combo.

Regards
    ​Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Guys its all down to personal choice in the end, but not having wires tangeling you up or battery packs clanking about is rather nice . If people are finding the NM800 beams too tight try Olight 50 or 51 range far wider spread or if you want sill distance Olight 90 (1km)

[QUOTE=Tikka595;635141] I am pretty close to buying the new night master 800 LED, getting good reports

Did you get my PM ?

​Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka595 View Post
    I am looking at getting a new lamping kit,I have been using the lightforce kit for a number of years now.
    But I am pretty close to buying the new night master 800 LED, getting good reports

Has anybody tried one, any suggestion of which LED cocolours

thanks for your feed back

Tikka595
    I Too am thinking of something else, Ive got through 2 lightforce lamps in as many years! I do most of my foxing solo. I do like to get close and use a dimmer in the final stages. I understand the 800 has a lower intensity function? And you can vary the tightness of the beam?? Any tips or pointers appreciated from someone who uses one.