Thread: Gunbus seating regulations

Gunbus seating regulations

We have a Bedford Lorry that we will be using to transport Guns to and from drives this season, does anyone know what the regulations are regarding seating configuration, seatbelts, maximum occupancy etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Virbius View Post
    We have a Bedford Lorry that we will be using to transport Guns to and from drives this season, does anyone know what the regulations are regarding seating configuration, seatbelts, maximum occupancy etc?
    Start here, then work out the excuses & wiggle room you think is applicable. I assume the 'lorry' (with armed passengers?) is travelling on the public highway at some point.

I'm sure one of the would-be lawyers, or a member of the 'harumph' brigade will appear to help or hinder your search for enlightenment.

http://www.rospa.com/roadsafety/info..._code_2008.pdf
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Thanks. The passengers will not be armed, there will be firearms accompanying the passengers which will be unloaded and in slips. Yes it will travel on the public highway.
    Guidance exists for the use of trailers for transporting beaters on the highway, but I cannot find anything for guidance on transporting Guns in a modified lorry/minibus.
    Anyone seen anything?

Thanks Druid, I've seen that one which is very useful but nothing specific to self-powered - only trailers. Whilst some of the legislation regarding mini-buses is likely to apply, a gunbus tootling around country lanes is not the same as a mini-bus doing 70 on the M1, just as you wouldn't pull beaters in a trailer in those circumstances either.

70 in a trailer! Yep that would ruin the guns aim a bit after a bit of that. I

I would imagine construction and use would come into play with the Bedford, ie if originally fitted with bench seat, no seatbelts etc then that would still be usable as such like classic cars but not too sure if you we're using it for gain or reward?

mind you there are a lot of people being shifted to and from weddings at great cost in old rollers etc every weekend.