Picture

6pointer

I took this picture yesturday and wounderd if you could judge if this was a medal if you were a client ps Zoomed in 15 x

Its a bonny buck right enough but Id guess it wasn't quite a medal .....VERY difficult to say from a photo tho.
looks thick but not a lot of height to it ?
CVK

Last edited:
Looking at the size of its 'orns relative to its ears its certainly a goodun.
If I was guiding on this beastie I'd suggest a bronze to the client.

Impossible to say even magnified x15 ... However if really pushed to guess I would say decent head but not medal territory.

Looking at the size of its 'orns relative to its ears its certainly a goodun.
If I was guiding on this beastie I'd suggest a bronze to the client.

I would agree ,but not much more to go on from the pic, could also have very small ears;)

A nice head. I would guess it would be close. Maby around the 100 mark. Hard to tell from the photos. Easier to judge with a photo of the boiled out head.

ATB

Rob
​243Sako

Well i would guess and it is easy for me because its in my freezer it will make a good bronze and might if the CIC chaps score high on buety make very low silver. What i was trying to do was show just how hard it is to judge a head from even a short distance as to its trophy standing and how hard it must be for the pro,s to call a price in just a few seconds. Also how hard it is for a client to say he will take it not knowing if he will be charged a standard trophy fee of hundreds of pounds for a medal.
ps ON THE HOOF I HAD THIS AS A GOOD SIX POINTER AND I HAVE SEEN HIM A FEW TIME,S ITS A HARD CALL SOME TIME,S

AWMC So do we mate in fact this buck was headshot without thought to his antlers just a bit of fun on SD .:oops:

Back