Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bergarra

bergarra

I am in the near future hoping to have a rebarrel and rechamber I spoke to a gunsmith today and in my head had decided on one of 4 makes of barrel kreiger bartlein shilen or pac-nor but the smithy surprised me by saying i can have any barrel i want but i should seriously consider a bergarra which never entered my head has anyone here have a bergarra i have heard very little of them hope they aint made in Taiwan atb foxxer

Bergara are very good barrels, I've used several in builds and they shoot superb. Why spend money on other barrels when the Bergara will do exactly what you want.

They are not made in Taiwan but Spain, in a region well known for quality gun making...

I won't hesitate using them and have a few waiting to be chambered.

Made in Spain. They set up production with the help of Ed Shilen. If you do a Google they have a good website with a vid showing how the Barrels are made. Your Smith can also get them pre chambered to fit if it is a Remington you have.
    They have a good reputation and a Friend has one on his 6.5x47. It shoots very well indeed.I would have one without hesitation.
    They are much cheaper than other Blanks so make sure your Smith reflects this in the Price.

Yorkie.

They are a Spanish made barrel and quite cheap. Having said that they are suppose to shoot straight.

I don't think they are hand lapped either, I looked through a bore scope at a Bergarra barrel and compared it to a Krieger and Truefite. you could definitely tell the difference in the finish.

Personally , I would choose any of the other makes you had in mind - even if it is just a confidence thing

Quote Originally Posted by sir-slots-alot View Post
    They are a Spanish made barrel and quite cheap. Having said that they are suppose to shoot straight.

I don't think they are hand lapped either, I looked through a bore scope at a Bergarra barrel and compared it to a Krieger and Truefite. you could definitely tell the difference in the finish.

Personally , I would choose any of the other makes you had in mind - even if it is just a confidence thing
    Bergara barrels are button rifle barrels so yes there will be a difference however, they are CNC honed, the whole process is very tight. I was at the factory some years back and it's quite a set up.

​Dont discount the Bergara, for the money and what your needs are you won't go wrong.

What price is a bergarra?
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Quote Originally Posted by scotch_egg View Post
    What price is a bergarra?
    ​Around 200!

Here's a test group from a .223 I built, this is a basic starting load @100 off a bipod...minus the pulled shot if you'll allow!

​These barrels are as good as anything you'll need.

Last edited by Jager SA; 20-08-2013 at 17:51.

I had Steve Kershaw use a Bergara barrel in a Stiller action to build me a 7mmWSM. Absolutely superb. Even the chap I engaged to run it in and work up a load commented how little copper fouling it had from shot 1.
    Half the price of most other barrels and, in my humble opinion: no compromise.

I think they are the way to go if one wants to replace a barrel on a hunting rifle. We just had two fitted.
    We have not done any serious grouping tests yet, yesterday however at around 300yds we could hit little stones on a bank even with a warming up barrel.
    edi