Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: just an idea

just an idea

just a idea i had maybe its been dscussed before

why cant they make a fac, shotgun certificate like drivers licence plastic card for when you are out and about shooting it would be much simpler and easier to carry these in your wallet rather than the a4 sheets of paper we have just now ??!

and on another note does the new forms for grants renewals etc apply in scotland aswell?

I have photo copied my top part of my certificates and shrunk them down to a credit card size. Then cover with sticky backed plastic (Blue Peter anyone!)

yeah but to my knowlage if the boys in blue were to ask you to produce your certss that would nt be good enough .!i have mine photo copied and in my truck at all times but i was told thats still not good enough

Quote Originally Posted by J222ROE View Post
    yeah but to my knowlage if the boys in blue were to ask you to produce your certss that would nt be good enough .!i have mine photo copied and in my truck at all times but i was told thats still not good enough
    Who told you?

firearms officer . although it was normal cop other than a proper firearms officer

never carry my FAC on me ....always left in the truck. If plod wants to see it they can accompany me back to truck

Depends on the officer stopping you and the circumstances and attitudes of yourself and the officer as to how pedantic they want to be. I've been stopped without any paperwork on me. A quick PNC, and certificate check and a "thanks very much, have a nice day"
    No problems

Quote Originally Posted by J222ROE View Post
    just a idea i had maybe its been dscussed before

why cant they make a fac, shotgun certificate like drivers licence plastic card for when you are out and about shooting it would be much simpler and easier to carry these in your wallet rather than the a4 sheets of paper we have just now ??!

and on another note does the new forms for grants renewals etc apply in scotland aswell?
    Wilts have been looking at the possibilities of doing so
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

if it was done with chip and pin dealers could notify all purchases straight away
    Give instruction to a wise man and he will be yet wiser

Quote Originally Posted by keith@honda View Post
    if it was done with chip and pin dealers could notify all purchases straight away
    It makes sense to modernise things a little . With buying ammo and guns it would be a bit handyer