Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: red stag

red stag

HI

Apologise as the pictures taken don't do this stag any justice as they were taken on my camera phone. When I can find my camera charger I'll put some better quality ones up.
    This took me four years to stalk but mainly too cull a beast like this. I always work and abide by cull plans and rules but when I got into position and got the nod for him I didn't need telling twice apart from to steady my breathing.

This didn't go down well with the Mrs when she seen but a pair of shoes soon made amends I think.

Attachment 31564Attachment 31565 Attachment 31566

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Is he a cumbrian stag?

Novice
    ​Yeh mate!!

What a cracker. I've seen some very nice wild cumbrian heads on my mates walls, but not with palmation like that. He must have been living the good life for quite a while

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    What a cracker. I've seen some very nice wild cumbrian heads on my mates walls, but not with palmation like that. He must have been living the good life for quite a while

Novice

Yeh he was.

I booked a days stalking with my mate and he said that he had been closely watching this heard for a few days prio to the rut coming properly into swing.
    This stag was chased off a couple of times from other younger stags amongst the heard, antler wise the others wasn't as big as him but had youth on there side. Leading to my mate allowing me to cull him before he probably leave to find another heard.
    Ive never seen a palmated stag like this more so quite simetrical, I agreed prior with myself if ever to cull a beast Like this I would only d so in having it shoulder mounted to do it justice.
    I ain't a trophy hunter but I like to do a beast of any type justice and to preserve a memory should one ever pop up.
    there are some very good heards in Cumbria if no where to look and go.

Congratulations hes a belter

Well Done

TH
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Thats a belter weeman , i mounted a 10 pointer as a practice run , but on completion , it was to big for my house left it on the floor until i found some where/permision to put it , then the fecking dog chewed its ear off !

Quote Originally Posted by arron View Post
    Thats a belter weeman , i mounted a 10 pointer as a practice run , but on completion , it was to big for my house left it on the floor until i found some where/permision to put it , then the fecking dog chewed its ear off !

Cheers arron, yeh it does look a little strange but got use to it and so did the mrs after she got her shoes.
    She understands like as she said it looks better on the wall than probably ending up where no one will see it.
    she ain't keen on just seeing antlers only and I played that in my defence too.

I'd be proud to have that on my wall, as for SWMBO, not so sure......

Nice one.

very nice and different, like it