Thread: DSC1 Training Aids

DSC1 Training Aids

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know if there are any good training aids available for DSC1? I have an old copy of deerquest which obviously has a few questions that are now out of date.

Is there a new version available? I can't see it mentioned anywhere on the Deer Society web site.

Also, is there such a thing as an interactive identification cd or some sort of collection of ID photos to practice with? The training manual gives a couple of example photos but they are focused on the distinguishing features... I don't expect the photos in the exam will be quite so easy?!

And lastly, I have the latest bank of questions (from here) and worked through the list using the training manual, however does anyone know where I can get the official answer list to check my answers for peace of mind?

thanks in advance!

I guess that's a no then!

CSL

Don't take this the wrong way, but wouldn't posting all the answers "cheapen" the DSC courses? The best thing to do is buy the book, read through it thoroughly. Read through the questions and then highlight the correct answer. You are then "studying the manual, rather than learning things parrot fashion.

Making it easy for Joe public to pass the exam benefits no one.

Though, I agree a "Deer recognition" CD or DVD is not a bad idea!

All the best.
    MJ

see the attached link for study materials

http://www.bds.org.uk/c2/uploads/dsc...ent%20form.pdf

i bought all apart from the deerquest cd, which i got from someone on this site.

havent taken the assesements yet - keep spending my pennies on ammo, binos, highseats etc..oh, and sending heads to the taxidermist!!

and Magners!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MJ75
    CSL

Don't take this the wrong way, but wouldn't posting all the answers "cheapen" the DSC courses? The best thing to do is buy the book, read through it thoroughly. Read through the questions and then highlight the correct answer.
    MJ,

No worries, I do see your point and did in fairness say above that this is what I have been doing , however there are questions that the manual leaves the answer somewhat ambiguous.

Maybe I'd be better making a list of those ones and posting on here for discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksden
    see the attached link for study materials

http://www.bds.org.uk/c2/uploads/dsc...ent%20form.pdf

i bought all apart from the deerquest cd, which i got from someone on this site.

havent taken the assesements yet - keep spending my pennies on ammo, binos, highseats etc..oh, and sending heads to the taxidermist!!

and Magners!!!
    Thanks bucksden, it's odd they list Deerquest on that form but not in their shop?

I'll give them a ring to find out. I've got to ring them anyway because I placed an order for the 6 Species DVD ages ago and have heard nothing since!

Quote Originally Posted by csl
    Quote Originally Posted by MJ75
    CSL

Don't take this the wrong way, but wouldn't posting all the answers "cheapen" the DSC courses? The best thing to do is buy the book, read through it thoroughly. Read through the questions and then highlight the correct answer.
    MJ,

No worries, I do see your point and did in fairness say above that this is what I have been doing , however there are questions that the manual leaves the answer somewhat ambiguous.

Maybe I'd be better making a list of those ones and posting on here for discussion?
    Hi CSL, my point wasn't aimed at you. But in general. if there is anything unclear in the book, go ahead and post your questions on here. Rememebr, the only silly question, is the one you were too afraid to ask. I'm studying the DSC level 1 course myself, and so will probably be asking questions on here very soon too!