Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Forestry Deer Stalking/Licences

  1. #1

    Forestry Deer Stalking/Licences

    In recent times the FC have revised their stalking leases now making them a licence/control scheme.
    Does anyone know whether it's only new applicants who have to have DSC level 2 etc or does this apply across the board.
    The reason I ask is that BASC, the St Hubert Club and perhaps one or two more clubs have seemingly different arrangements. I don't believe that all the stalkers who stalk in the foregoing clubs have level 2. Should this not apply to everyone stalking FC ground if it is written in some of the new licences that we are allowed to apply for?

  2. #2
    as far as i was aware it is level 1 but accompanied by a level 2 holder in the syndicate but you must complete level 2 in this year as you will not be elligable the following year. some syndicate captains only want level 2 as its restricting on all parties to have a level 1 holder.
    I pressumed this was the case for all ground, atb wayne
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

  3. #3
    All FC will need L2, they may however allow a L1 holder to stalk for a while whilst working towards L2. Before long it will be L2 or no stalking unaccompanied

  4. #4
    All new Deer control licences with English Forestry commission require DSC2.
    This is a departure from last year where you could have a DSC1 and be working towards DSC2. Now all controllers on licence have to have DSC2 before they can shoot.

  5. #5
    Both this year and last year FC England required level 2 for both license holder and any controllers as i understand it.

  6. #6
    Lev two on most but there are a few exceptions.

  7. #7
    All this seems to lead back to my original posting. Do all BASC and St Hubert Club members have level 2? I don't think so. If not, how are they able to stalk on land leased from the FC? Is this some sort of special arrangement which doesn't apply to the rest of the public.

  8. #8
    You have to have level 1to go on the basic land which in turn has a resident stalker qualified to level 2so you would be covered with the basic FC lease

  9. #9
    You probably would'nt even get to an interview without L2

Similar Threads

  1. Available fc deer control licences up for grabs
    By chrisc in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 19-06-2013, 21:15
  2. England Forestry stalking leases
    By jb7x57 in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 18-09-2012, 07:10
  3. Available Forestry commision deer control licences
    By cwd in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 28-07-2012, 14:59
  4. Wanted Setmurthy Forestry Commission, Armathwaite, Cumbria Stalking
    By Krabryn in forum Deer Stalking Opportunities
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-07-2012, 06:35
  5. Stalking for Forestry Commission in Scotland
    By Roch in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 23-10-2011, 18:37

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts