Thread: Importing guns into the USA

Importing guns into the USA

Am moving to the States shortly (permanently, on a Green Card). Just wondering if anyone on here has ever gone through the process of importing rifles/shotgun into the USA? Moving to Atlanta, not that bothered about taking my rifle, but have a couple of shotguns that i would ideally bring with me.

Any experience/advise/contacts greatly appreciated!
    Cheers,
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by joelewis055 View Post
    Am moving to the States shortly (permanently, on a Green Card). Just wondering if anyone on here has ever gone through the process of importing rifles/shotgun into the USA? Moving to Atlanta, not that bothered about taking my rifle, but have a couple of shotguns that i would ideally bring with me.

Any experience/advise/contacts greatly appreciated!
    Cheers,
    Joe
    Best of luck with it Joe! Where you heading too?

Scrummy

What are you going to do in Atlanta Joe?

Have accepted a job working for an airline. Moving over their some point late October. Lots to get done and organised before then!!
    Last edited by joelewis055; 23-08-2013 at 07:37.

Well congratulations, but it does rather mean that I don't think we'll be stalking together at Malc's anytime soon I'm afraid. I daresay your father-in-law will sort you out with some adventures though. Which you can take pictures of with your iPad to show people in the pub.

Father in-law is over in the UK at the end of September, 1 week up in Scotland on the Red's/Sika's. Am sure there will be plenty of picture taken that he will share will anyone who cares...

I remember reading that US law allows any immigrant to bring in anything they own, even firearms that are severely restricted in the US like Class 3 full auto. It's a one-off exemption for new arrivals that AFAIK still applies, however you will probably still have the usual problems or going through airports or finding a shipper. Good luck, wish I was going..

[QUOTE=M275;636980]I remember reading that US law allows any immigrant to bring in anything they own, even firearms that are severely restricted in the US like Class 3 full auto. QUOTE]

I was hoping that this was the case, however can't find anything official to confirm. Will keep searching!

Contact the US embassy in London and they will pass you to the relevant section for an official answer.

Quote Originally Posted by morena View Post
    Contact the US embassy in London and they will pass you to the relevant section for an official answer.
    Will do. Have a few other questions to ask them so will wrap it all up in one phone call. Thanks!
    Joe