Thread: Roe Buck Skull Mount - advice needed please

Roe Buck Skull Mount - advice needed please

I have a nice Roe Buck Skull that I want to get mounted. (Full skull not cut yet)
    To my utter amazement Mrs Naseby, who previously hated the idea, thought the skull was "rather beautiful and interesting" when I showed her.
    She has said that she is happy for it it to be displayed in our Dining Room I am in deep shock!!
    Her stipulation is that it must look good and be "professionally" mounted.
    She has seen some examples of my DIY previously!
    We have a lot of antique mahogany furniture so she has mentioned a mahogany plaque.
    If I can get this right I am welcome to add more!!

Two questions - anywhere in the South (Hampshire/West Sussex/Surrey preferred, but London could also work) where I could get the skull cut and then mounted on a high quality plaque? If not where is the best place to source a really high quality plaque? (I'm having it judged soon and think it may make a Bronze medal btw)

​Thanks in advance for any help

It really is an easy job to do yourself, it will look no different to getting it done 'professionally' and there are plenty of places online to get a suitable shield from the plain and ordinary to the ornately carved. There are numerous threads and step by step instructions on the forum to take you through the process.

There is a thread here for some nice shields: Trophy Sheilds
    Best Regards,
    Adrian.

Jedward. The reason why there are two barrels on a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianC View Post
    It really is an easy job to do yourself, it will look no different to getting it done 'professionally' and there are plenty of places online to get a suitable shield from the plain and ordinary to the ornately carved. There are numerous threads and step by step instructions on the forum to take you through the process.

There is a thread here for some nice shields: Trophy Sheilds
    Thanks for linking the thread AdrianC there some nice shields, ordered one off there site and if its as nice in real life, I'll order a few more.

Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    Thanks for linking the thread AdrianC there some nice shields, ordered one off there site and if its as nice in real life, I'll order a few more.
    White Hart,

They do look good. Please let us know what you think when you are in receipt. I may well follow suit and thanks to Adrian C for posting the link

Quote Originally Posted by Naseby View Post
    White Hart,

They do look good. Please let us know what you think when you are in receipt. I may well follow suit and thanks to Adrian C for posting the link
    Naseby - very happy with the mount it arrived quickly, and it's a nice piece of work. I'll post a picture on the thread the website was linked through.

​WH