Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Outdoor channel "

"Outdoor channel "

hi peeps
    im working in the desert in Oman just now.... rattling thru the sat tv in the room and I find the "outdoor channel"
    wish could get this back home....loads of hunting programmes and fishing programmes...
    watching a bunch o yanks hunting whitetail in texas just now.....
    a lot of product placement etc but I expect that these days ..money talks

great for armchair hunters like me that cant get out when away with work
    paul

They have loads of hunting / shooting / fishing programs in the states dont they luck buggers. Always good to see when your away from home, but were spoilt for choice now with the internet and a number of UK programs.

Oman's a good gig! But saying that im sat in a shore base in South Africa at the moment thinking about all the hunting I could be doing while im here, instead of working!

We've got this over here in Norway, great channel though lots of stuff is repeated over and over.
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Quote Originally Posted by Jonher View Post
    We've got this over here in Norway, great channel though lots of stuff is repeated over and over.
    You also have Kristoffer Clausen...

Can you get the Sportsman Channel? I was on it earlier this year filmed with a hunting show over here during the roe buck rut.
    Cheers
    Richard

sitting watching pheasant shooting in south Dakota now...... wish we had this in the uk.!!

whitehart, where bouts are you in SA.?...... done a couple trips down there ......was in capetown then place called George.....beautiful country ...got a day shark diving with great whites but didn't get any shooting done

paul

you can get the outdoor channel over here without much trouble.
    Just get a motorised dish and point it at 13east sat and, with the relevant software, you can watch it as its free to air just not broadcast on the intelsat 27.5west which sky use.
    Lots of other hunting programmes on too especially if you understand French.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

It was never like that during the ten years that I was in Oman! Star TV was it!

Where are you Thumrait with PDO?

Phil
    Yet another 7mm08 user....

Hi Phil,
    im not regular here ...just one off job passing thru.... service hand.... have bag will travel :-)
    job for BP bout 2hrs drive from Fahoud.
    done some work for PDO...less said the better

paul

Quote Originally Posted by sauer View Post
    sitting watching pheasant shooting in south Dakota now...... wish we had this in the uk.!!

whitehart, where bouts are you in SA.?...... done a couple trips down there ......was in capetown then place called George.....beautiful country ...got a day shark diving with great whites but didn't get any shooting done

paul

Im in Saldanha which is about 150km up the coast from Cape Town. Nice country like you say not much where I am though, just our shore base and a dirty great big iron oar loading facility. Gagging to get out shooting but dosnt look like I'll get a chance! As for the sharks... dont mind fishing them but sod getting in the water with them!!!